“Omg the beer!”

Ranked #5 of 98 Restaurants in Astoria
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Soups, Healthy
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, View, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: There’s always something new to try from the brewery’s rotating taps, including taster trays, pints, and growlers-to-go. The lively public house offers family-friendly dining with made-from-scratch meals using organic, natural, and local ingredients.An upstairs Woodfired Pizza venue was opened in the Summer of '13 and operates all day on Saturdays and Sundays, from 4:30-10pm on Wednesdays-Fridays and is closed Monday and Tuesday. Beautiful views and woodwork. Tours of the 30 barrel production brewery and beer canning line are available Saturdays and Sundays at 1pm and 4pm. Located on the site of the original 1811 settlement of Astoria, the locals lining the bar can get you up to speed on the city’s past, present, and future.
Whistler, Canada
“Omg the beer!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We love going to Fort George when we visit Astoria all the way from Vancouver, BC! We also loved the fact our two dogs were allowed on the patio as traveling with pets can sometimes be difficult and we are the kind of couple that a food venue always has us as customers because our pets too, are allowed. Even when we go without them, the facility is great in our books! The staff was friendly and some of the appys we tried, especially the sausages, bratwurst etc were yummy! Love the beers and loved the fact, during our first time there, we were able to take some beers to go, back to our hotel room, in mason jars! It just couldn't get any better haha! We always talk about going back soon as we normally go every year but 2013 we have not made it back yet. See you soon Fort George...I hope!

• Visited January 2013

Rockaway Beach, Oregon
“Good beer, Good food!”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My son and I stopped in to check out the beer sampler. This is the first place I have been that you actually get to sample every beer they have on tap. (12 the day we were there) I was a bit surprised by the cost, $16 each. Beer taste is somewhat subjective but I will say they had a couple that I will be trying again.

Then the wife came in so we ordered food. She had the turkey sandwich and really enjoyed it. My son and I each had an Anaheim Pepper Burger. Very tasty. The burger was much smaller than the bun, not something I am used to seeing at a brewery.

I also ordered my fries extra, extra, extra crispy as I love them crunchy. They showed up sorta crisp but not what I expected. A few minutes later the waitress came back with a plate of the very crunchy fries that I had expected, she said she didn't think the other ones looked quite like what I ordered. I hadn't said a thing to her about it, so I consider that great service!

Nice pub atmosphere but the wooden seats get hard on the backside very quickly...

• Visited December 2013
Portland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, beer, atmosphere, service”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I've been to Fort George several times over the last year and I've always enjoyed the food and beer. Last time I ordered the Albacore Tuna Steak Melt - huge quality piece of Tuna, lots of flavor, really great food for the money. My friend really enjoys their hummus platter. Only downside to the menu I've tried so far is the fish and chips - a little too overdone with not a lot of flavor (at least in comparison to Bowpicker down the street with the most perfect fish and chips known to man).

Beer is also good. Always something new and fun to try on their menu and their sampler tray is extremely well done. I highly recommend stout month as well. For the beer snobs out there, there are certainly some better breweries in Oregon; however, Fort George is definitely a decent place to grab a pint.

Atmosphere is also good and the staff are always friendly and knowledgeable about the beer. Definitely stop by if you are in the neighborhood!

• Visited September 2013
Augusta, GA
“Nice View”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Tried out this place on the suggestion of person working at Astoria Column. If you take the spiral staircase upstairs, there's a decent view of the river. The burger I had was good and the service was friendly. Check it out.

• Visited November 2013
Vancouver, Washington
“Brewery hopping the Coast”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Everything I expected in a"Public House"Good beer and good food with a homey atmosphere. We will make this a permanent stop whenever we pass through Astoria.

• Visited November 2013