“Great food, beer, and view”

Fort George Brewery + Public House
Ranked #5 of 104 Restaurants in Astoria
Price range: US$3 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: There’s always something new to try from the brewery’s rotating taps, including taster trays, pints, and growlers-to-go. The lively public house offers family-friendly dining with made-from-scratch meals using organic, natural, and local ingredients.An upstairs Woodfired Pizza venue was opened in the Summer of '13 and operates all day on Saturdays and Sundays, from 4:30-10pm on Wednesdays-Fridays and is closed Monday and Tuesday. Beautiful views and woodwork. Tours of the 30 barrel production brewery and beer canning line are available Saturdays and Sundays at 1pm and 4pm. Located on the site of the original 1811 settlement of Astoria, the locals lining the bar can get you up to speed on the city’s past, present, and future.
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We loved our experience this restaurant. The pizza and salads were fantastic. Our waiter was wonderful and we enjoyed the community seating. The only negative part was the woman working behind the bar with a sour look on her face and a bad attitude. She was really rude when asking us to wait before we sat down so she could clean the table. There is a nicer way to tell people. We wouldn't let that ruin our evening though. It is a must do in Astoria.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We stopped by here on our last day of vacation. A little burned out on restaurant food, we stuck with the basics - a burger/fries and fish tacos. The fish was heavily seasoned, relatively large chunks, and quite spicy. Unfortunately, the cole slaw was almost nonexistent as was the accompanying sauce. With the strong spice, the contrast would have complemented the fish nicely. The burger was big and juicy - the fries were plentiful, salty and crisp. The staff was cheerful, in spite of the restaurant being solidly packed with boisterous beer drinkers. The service was quick. I have to admit, this is the first time I have seen beer served in a snifter - seemed a bit incongruous but delightfully quirky at the same time. The noise level - loud! Don't expect any intimate conversations here. But, do expect a wide range of food and beer choices served quickly, at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

This place has two areas. The brewing area is next to the restaurant. Here you can taste some or all of the makers fair. The restaurant has a lot of the beers but not all of them available. The food here was good. We had their pizza.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I'll make this short and sweet. We had the sausage and the spinach calzones. They were excellent. I had a bowl of the white clam chowder and it was excellent but not as hot as I would have liked temperature wise. Probably could have asked to have it warmed but I wish to hungry. Had the brown ale that they make and it was very good. For dessert we had to go downstairs to get the carrot cake as they were out of it upstairs which was no big deal. It was $5.50 per piece and we got 2 pieces. The cake was very good but the portion was very small in my estimation. I think we should have received both pieces for $5.50. Like the decor great views of the river

1  Thank dave g
Reviewed 23 July 2014

You can't miss the Fort George Brewery when in town. The large corner building is a landmark that caught my eye so I went in for a meal and a beer. I sat at the bar. What a treat this was! I was waited on promptly. The Quick Wit is good and so is the Blonde. My cheeseburger was made to perfection and the fries crispy and brown.

The customers are of all ages, too. They know their beers and gladly help new visitors try their vast sampling. There is an upstairs and an outside patio. It's a hopping place, no pun intended! I will be back to this place whenever I visit Astoria again.

1  Thank conniegum