“Pig N Pancake, Astoria, OR breakfast....good, but....”
Review of Pig 'n Pancake

Pig 'n Pancake
Ranked #12 of 104 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Our first experience at Pig N Pancake was at their Astoria restaurant, October, 8, 2013. I like pancakes so we gave it a go. I ordered sourdough pancakes. About $7.95 for eight, 6-inch cakes; nothing else. These seem to be hard to find and I found them to be quite good. I also quizzed the waitress about patty sausage because it is often poor in public offerings and I get suspicious. I got two pieces as a side order, (another $4.50 or so) , about 4-inch discs and thin. I should have passed. They were fatty with an odd taste. I didn't even finish them and they almost spoiled good pancakes. Pig N Pancake should pull these from the menu and avoid embarrassment and customer irritation. Odd how one would think these establishments would know better and they don't.

Wife had crab egg Benedict and while very small and pricey, it was good. Her hash browns were greasy.

I'd go back for sourdough pancakes and quit with that.

Dennis

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Unpretentious and delicious. This is a diner not a fine restaurant, so set your expectations accordingly. I ordered a pancake platter and Mary husband had of all things, liver and onions. Both were really good. We came in tired and hungry and left satisfied. Server was wonderful.

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We ate twice on our vacation. I have food sensivity. They worked with me with no problems. And the food was great.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

A little disappointed that meal was so average. Would not particullarly recommend. Same old waffles and pancakes and eggs but nothing noteworthy.. service okay

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I love Swedish pancakes with lingon berries and the Pig ''n Pancake has some good ones. You can always get a pretty good breakfast there.