“"Good Beer" "Bad Chowder"”
Review of Astoria's portway

Astoria's portway
Ranked #25 of 101 Restaurants in Astoria
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Eugene, Oregon
“"Good Beer" "Bad Chowder"”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The Bad; Loud, crowded, only one waitress who had us on ignore and the worst clam chowder I can recall...The Good; It was close to our hotel, they had cold beer and I didn't have to pay for the bad chowder.

• Visited October 2013

vancouver
“"good food and service"”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Hubby and I stopped in on our way to ilwaco last weekend for lunch. Ordered a 4 piece fish and chips and an order of large prawns. Very very tasty! I also had a good bloody mary! Server was very friendly. While we were waiting for our food I put 5$ in the video poker machine and won 40$ hubby put 5$ in keno and won 11$ we also had a restaurants.com voucher so our stop was free,and we left with an extra twenty, but we will visit the portway again! we have been to the labor temple diner in Astoria which the same owner owns, great food as well!

• Visited September 2013
Ridgewood, NJ
“Good food, helpful staff”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We were only in Astoria for a couple of days, on a budget, and I had a restaurant.com certificate, so I chose Portway sight unseen. Because my son is 20, we couldn't be seated there (it's a tavern, and Oregon has liquor laws that, as a newbie, are still a mystery to me), but the staff couldn't have been more helpful about accommodating us. (When the bill came up $1.50 short of the restaurant.com rules, the bartender suggested a can of soda, which fit the bill exactly.) Portway provided takeout containers, utensils and napkins, and we sat at the Maritime Memorial Park nearby and feasted on seafood and steak, with leftovers that we're still dining on. Good food, nice people!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Melissa511
Seaside, California, United States
“Walking distance”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

My company got in town at about 9:30pm and this place was still open and it was about a block away from our hotel. We had fish and chips and some brew and called it the night.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Daniel G
Scappoose, Oregon
“Watering hole and clam chowder”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

It's changed owners a couple of times over the years but still has the best clam chowder I've ever had. Lots of nautical decor and history to the place, too.

• Visited March 2013