“Well, I don't know about their service”
Review of Home Bakery

Home Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Astoria
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I've been to Astoria at least 7 times. Six of those trips in recent years. We absolutely love Astoria. We always stopped at the Home Bakery. Wouldn't miss it and went out of our way to get the cinnamon toast. My daughters loved it and we brought a big box full of cinnamon toast back to Canada every year.

Two years ago we stopped to get cinnamon toast and I made a carnal sin! The casher noticed I had given her a Canadian nickel (5 cent) coin in my payment.( Accidentally.) Well, you would think I had given her anthrax! She threw the coin back on the counter and said "What is this?" She made this big embarrassing issue about a little coin.
Well we went back to Astoria in June 2013 and drove right past The Home bakery. We will always drive right past Home Bakery.

2  Thank Airstream2210

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Can you say yummmmmm! There is so much to choose from and made fresh daily. A great hangout if you want a peaceful, laid-back place. The maple bars melt in your mouth. It's been in business forever...don't miss it!

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Skip your continental breakfast and stop in and support this great local business. Everything we had was fresh and tasty.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Maybe we hit them on a bad day?

We enjoyed the old photos and the "pro-America" atmosphere. But the bakery shelves were almost empty. I think we were there in the late afternoon, and it was Saturday if I recall correctly. Perhaps other days of the week they have more in the store.

We bought a few items and they were fine. I can't say they were "scrumptious", but they were tasty enough. We did not try the famous cinnamon bread because they didn't have any.

Next time we're in town perhaps we'll give them another try, since all the reviews here rave about them.

Reviewed 29 June 2013

My husband and I tried three different baked goods. All three exceeded expectations. The bran raisin muffin had a pleasing texture and moisture level. The two donuts, made you want to eat more of them (even when you know you shouldn't).

1  Thank Thensley