“Cold and rain..let's got to the bakery”
Review of Lindstrom's Danish Maid Bakery - CLOSED

Lindstrom's Danish Maid Bakery
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Yes, when you look out the RV window and you see dark clouds, drizzle and no promise of sun, you need comfort food. So, I go to Tripadvisor and see the Danish Maid Bakery on Commercial Street, Astoria has high marks. Sounds easy? Well, half the streets between 15th and 6th are being torn up and there are detour signs that drove my GPS crazy. But, when on a mission to find a bakery a little zig zag can be handled. We finally found it and I was transfixed on the array of pastry in those glass cabinets. I finally ordered a bear claw and my wife a blueberry muffin. With two high test coffees...$7.45. Then, the sky began to clear (we are in Oregon), the sun came out and we headed for Ft Clatsop. Life is good. It was like going back in time and I didn't even miss the "yuppie coffees" you find in Starbucks, et al.

1  Thank James H
There are newer reviews for Lindstrom's Danish Maid Bakery

Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

In an earlier day this kind of bakery was a much more common kind of place. Today it is rare and unusual. Well priced good bakery product owned and operated by an old Astoria family, serving their community with good customer service.

1  Thank Journeyman644
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Great pastries to choose from, all freshly made. Don't see too many of these type of bakeries around anymore.

1  Thank Catherine G
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We stopped here for coffee and pastries before heading to the museums. They even had a couple of gluten-free pastries for me!!
They also sell a half dozen day-old pastries for and excellent price and I got some to go for a friend who loves apple fritters! The sales person was a very nice woman!!

2  Thank BakerStreetInn
Reviewed 8 February 2013

These guys are the only ones who make donuts with icing and sprinkles that my kids love!! also there buttermilk bars are the best...kind of like a heavier weighted old fashion donut. love the owners super sweet, wonderful family.

3  Thank Katie K