“Nice place to stay.”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
Grand Forks, Canada
“Nice place to stay.”
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Really nice room, really nice hotel. Great bed, good wifi. Spent two nights, have no complaints, would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get ocean side, very quiet, nice to hear the water.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of the property. I am happy that we were able to meet and or exceed your expectations. I hope we can have you as a repeat guest. Please feel free to contact me at the property if you have any questions or comments you might not have addressed.

Sandie Cindrich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2012

As a BW rewards member I arrived without a reservation, Michelle instantly made us feel welcome and gave us a nice King room (428) which had a decent view of the river. Check in was swift. The hotel is currently undergoing some renovation, but we weren't disturbed by any noise. There are free cookies in the lobby in the afternoon, which is always a nice touch.

Our room contained a fridge, microwave, large TV & coffee maker. Shower pressure was good in the bathroom. There is free wifi throughout the hotel, however I experienced problems accessing it several times on both my laptop & iphone, however once connected speed was adequate for browsing etc. I don't normally get accessability problems in BW's.

There is a pool, hot tub, sauna & fitness room. The pool was a little cooler than I expected compared to other BW pools I've used. The hot tub was nice & warm as it should be with a good power jet. I gave up trying to use the sauna, as it was off when I first entered it, so I switched it on, but after an hour the room wasn't that warm so I gave up.

Michelle on reception gave us a recommendation for the Bridgwater Bistro for dinner around a 15 min walk along the riverfront. Food in there was slightly more expensive, but most definitely worth it.

Breakfast in the hotel was one of the best I think I've ever had in a BW. Plenty of food, very tidy area. Usual offerings, cereal, waffles, scrambled eggs & sausage etc. I left breakfast feeling very very full!

Enjoyed this stay, my only complaint would be that the fridge in the room was a little loud & woke me up a couple of times in the night.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DaveyBoysTravels
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay here was. The staff is very appreciative of guests who write a review. It certainly validates the hard work that they do to make this a great place to stay. Please contact me if you decide to visit again.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 5 April 2012

It was the eve of my birthday and I decided to change hotels while in Astoria and chose this hotel as it was near the Columbia River.

I asked for a room with a view on a higher level floor.

I received one and the desk clerk even looked up my name and noted I was already enrolled in their Rewards Program that justified an upgrade and a later check out time.

I had not recalled that I had previously enrolled in this program!

The staff were incredible and the room had two large windows facing the Columbia River and was beatifully upgraded.

Room Tip: Rooms on the southwest side corner have the best view!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thank you so very much for your awsome review! It really motivates the staff to go above and beyond for the guests! I agree with you about the room you were in, the views are really spectacular!

Woodland, California
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Days 3&4 of the Pacific Northwest tour.
While the view from our "river view" room left a bit to be desired the hotel itself was quite nice.
The room was recently refurbished, complete with nice beds, cushy carpet, and granite sink & shower.
What really set this motel apart though was the excellent service. Every person we came in contact with was friendly and helpful. Our housekeeper gave us perfect service ( we stayed two nights because the entire family came down with a nasty cold ), the front desk staff was über helpful even helping us check road conditions, and Keri our breakfast attendant was working some miracles with the powdered eggs that they serve as part of breakfast. If you are looking for a place to stay in the Astoria area I definately recommend !

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank mutantchicken
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear mutantchicken,

Thank you for staying with us back in 2012. I apologize this response to your great post is so delayed. I am the new General Manager for the Best Western in Astoria and I wanted to let you know that we are even better than when you stayed with us last. With a new exterior and interior renovation we have re-imaged and are looking forward to improving even further.

I want to invite you to stay with us again on your next trip to Astoria, Oregon.

-Brandon Kraft
Shoreline
Reviewed 25 March 2012

The beautifully redecorated hotel is not much to look at from the outside, and the property on one adjacent side is "industrial". But the view of the river is incredible from the 3rd and 4th floors, and there is a short paved walkway along the waterfront next to the hotel to enjoy at sunset. They spared no expense in remodeling rooms with granite counters, tile floors, and slate decorating the hallway walls. Bed linens and towels are luxuriously soft and comfy, the 2 Queen room (340) was extra spacious, and the "kitchenette" had a good size refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, sink, and drawers for food storage. Breakfast was substantial with scrambled eggs, sausages, and Malted Belgium waffles! Keli, the breakfast host, worked hard to keep everything stocked, clean, and yummy (she is responsible for carefully layering the eggs with cheese!) Then there are the fresh-baked cookies every afternoon, the maintenance man who immediately took care of our noisy air conditioner, and the pool and spa that were in perfect shape. Part of our family booked the King Bed Room 344, and it has views in TWO directions, River and Bay views!! That room is popular so book early! Or get the King Suite one floor up so you don't have to hear the stomping foot-steps above -- that was our only complaint, really. Not well insulated between floors,unfortunately., so try to get them to book you under an empty room. We asked , but this did not happen for us. Otherwise, the hotel has very attentive staff and everything was spotless.

Room Tip: Corner Room 344 has 2 windows and 2 view.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Marilee S
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Thank you so much! What a great review. It's so nice to get recognition for all the hard work that goes into a property on a daily basis. Please come back soon. We always love to have return guests here!

Washougal, Washington, United States
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This is our first stay here as we were heading up the coast to go home. We had excellent service and a wonderful room. Since we are boaters, looking out at the Bay and the boat yard was great. A storm was rolling in and it was exciting to watch the rain and listen to the wind.Breakfast was wonderful with a great selection of food. We will definately stay again.We have stayed at a lot of Best Western's on the way to Mexico and back and it is definately the best bang for the buck.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Janice M
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. It makes the staff so appreciative when our guests take the time out of their busy lives to comment on a job well done! When you do it makes all of the hard work that goes into running and maintaining a property well worth it. Please come back and see us again.

Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Me and my wife fully enjoy the jacuzzi room every year.The staff are wonderfull and the rooms are allways clean,and the price is rite.They are allways upgrading to make are stay even better.I cant wait till next year.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jason B
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Thank you very much for your wonderful review!! I have to agree that the jacuzzi rooms are fabulous! We look forward to seeing you both next year!