“Great room Great price”

Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We chose to stay at the Best Western in Astoria, Oregon because we were only staying one night and didn't want to pay the high price of some of the other hotels in Astoria. We were pleasantly surprised at how nice it was for the money. We will stay there from now on when we go to visit our family in Astoria. It was clean, friendly, nice view of the Columbia and had all we would ever want in a hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Velna S,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel and for staying with us in Astoria. I am very pleased to read that you will be coming back and that you were pleasantly surprised. We look forward to serving you again.

-Brandon Kraft

Write a ReviewReviews (1,012)

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We wanted to stay in Astoria to check out the Lewis and Clark park, lighthouses and other places. Plus I really wanted to try and get pictures of the Astoria Bridge the next morning. It was early evening - dark and drizzly - as we crossed the bridge from Warrenton to Astoria. We could see the hotel. And then there was a round-about. Sorry to the people on the road with me that night - my first go around wasn't pretty - but I improved the second time! Once you get off that, it looks like you are going to the docks - but the hotel is there. We were very happy to find a nice place waiting for us. My one complaint is the layout. No elevator in the lobby. Go to end of building, find elevator, take it up to your floor and then walk all the way back to your room - which was almost above the lobby. Design error? I know it wasn't just me. The next AM, found a guy wondering lobby level looking for elevator. He confirmed my thoughts - wierd layout. Make sure to get a bellhop cart for your luggage. But room was spacious and clean. Staff friendly. Left early the next AM so we didn't eat the buffet. Too many good restaurants in the area. Pig and Pancakes was my favorite for breakfast - locals seem to like it too.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 207-A. Second floor, above lobby. Try and get on main level or room close to el...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Dear Raebanned,

Thank you for staying with us in Astoria and I am glad to read that you had a pleasant stay. We are continuing to improve on our signage and visibility of our entrance. Thank you for your patience with this. We look forward to having you stay with us again in Astoria on your next trip through the area.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My wife says this is her favorite Best Western ever, and we have stayed in many of them. The hotel is very new, on the north end of Astoria, but right at the end of the Trolley line and the walking trail. The bed was very comfortable. We also availed ourselves of the sauna and hot tub, which were so refreshing after a stressful day.

We had a lovely ocean view, and the off-season price was extremely reasonable. All Best Westerns have complimentary breakfasts-but this was perhaps the best one we have ever had.
The scrambled eggs were just right, with some nice seasoning and ham and peppers. Everything at the breakfast buffet was fresh and well prepared, and hadn't been left sitting under heat lamps for a long period of time.

We were very pleased, and will be back on our next trip to Astoria.

Room Tip: ask for a room on an upper floor with a view of the Columbia River, if you can get one.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear rcftommay,

Thank you for staying with us in Astoria. I am pleased to read that you had such a wonderful stay. We all look forward to having you with us on your next trip. I'd like to meet you next time so be sure to book through the desk and ask for me. Thank you for posting a review to let others know about our hotel.

See you soon!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

WOW...SUPER GREAT PLACE...We were going to stay in Seaside...but nothing was available...so we jumped online and booked thru Hotwire...we arrived very late about 11:00PM...Adan was on the front desk..what a super nice friendly greeting...he was like he was welcoming is to his home...he invited us to go swimming or jacuzzi as it is open all night ... we took him up on the idea and it was fabulous ... the room was fantastic...the breakfast was super...the gal setting it up was super friendly...helping everyone with waffles...newly remodled and absolutely Gorgeous...I can't wait to go back...and refer it to everyone. The Wagners

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Mark N Pam,

Thank you so very much for staying with us in Astoria! Thank you for your review and praises for Adam. I will be sure to pass this on to him and give him recognition as well. I invite you to book direct with us the next time you stay and ask for me so I can personally thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Everything about this hotel is exceptional. The rooms are updated and clean. The pool temperature was perfect. The breakfast in the morning was exceptional. Along with all the physical attributes is a good staff that cares about their guests experience. I will definitely be returning to this hotel with my wife!

Room Tip: Rooms with the river view are nice!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear Charles R,

Thank you for trying our hotel here in Astoria. I am glad to read that you had a great stay for your getaway. We do look forward to seeing you again and having you stay with us on your next trip.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Great place. Clean. Friendly staff. A definite 5 star! We had a room with a river view. Lovely...especially at night. A nice relaxing stay. If we should return to Astoria..This Best Western is where we'll stay.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank MARK D

Dear MARK D,

Thank you for staying with us in Astoria and for the review. I am happy to read that your stay was great and that you will come back if you get the chance. We look forward to having you!

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Could not have been more pleased with my stay. Staff was unbelievably kind and accommodating. Manager (Mr. Kraft) went above and beyond to ensure I had the best stay (and room!) possible during my late night arrival with my wife and infant. Room and hotel was spotless. Complimentary breakfast was fantastic, as the staff bent over backwards there, too. Pool and hot tub were very nice. Location is perfect. Nice and quiet with path for the Astoria Riverwalk immediately behind the hotel. Will absolutely stay here again, and hands-down recommend to others.

Room Tip: This hotel has a grand suite on the top (fourth) floor. If you check in late, ask if it is still av...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear ScottyKP07,

Thank you very much for staying with us. I am glad we could get you into our suite and that it met your needs. Thank you for serving in the US Coast Guard. We appreciate all of our military and their families and want to take the best care of you. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

-Brandon Kraft

Also consider these accommodations in or near Astoria
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Astoria
Astoria Riverwalk Inn
Astoria Riverwalk Inn
#5 of 14 in Astoria
Best Western Plus Ocean View Resort

Been to Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel? Share your experiences!