“Great place to stay!”

Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Bethany was great. We have a new baby and she went out of her way to make sure our stay was great! Definitely stay there again! The room was great also. The morning staff was great. The breakfast was very filling.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Terry M,

Thank you for staying with us in Astoria! So glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and encountered excellent guest services. I will pass your message on to the staff. We hope to see you again on your next time to Astoria.

-Brandon Kraft

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 27 February 2014

The room above the pool is warm, newly furnished, clean and quiet as it is away from the other rooms You can not hear the pool which is open 24/7. The town is interesting. Over all not a bad place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear 241marke,

Thank you for staying with us in Astoria. We are happy to read that you had a satisfactory stay with us and do hope that you come back again.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

I decided I needed to get out of Seattle.
I have a chihuahua so I needed pet-friendly, I wanted a reasonable price for a single person just needing a week-end out of town, I wanted a view of the water and most of all, I wanted a hot-tub definitely but with pool and/or gym: a huge plus. Trying to find all those elements in one package ain't easy!! But after looking at VRBQ etc, and not finding a result that fit all of my needs, I found the Best Western Lincoln City.
I loved it's location right near the Columbia River and on a super cool old Rails-to-Trails trail that one can (and we did) walk clear through Astoria! The staff was very helpful in not only accepting my reservation by phone but in honoring the fact (and price) that I began with a booking from online and ensuring that I'd have my view albeit from the first floor (the "pet" floor).
As excited as I was to have found a place that permitted pets, sadly, as a traveler going solo, I was not able to leave the dog unattended in my room. This precluded me from using the hot-tub, pool, gym and free-breakfast. I know what you're thinking and no...I never leave the dog in the car for fear of the dog being stolen. Just like the crying children I could hear through my wall and in the stairwells, the dog is my family member and as such, there are certain compromises I just cannot do.
I understand the general policy. There are pet owners I'm sure who have already "ruined it" for owners and dogs like mine... but I wish the management could create a compromise policy that covers the problems that I'm sure they've encountered while delighting those of our dogs who are little angels with or without us in the room.
I am also vegan. I think there were some items I could've eaten at the breakfast bar, but as I never took advantage of it, I'm not certain.
Overall, I really liked the place. The high-speed internet was a bit slow, the place is sorta dark but it was perfectly fine for my needs and it was our little home for our mini-trip. It fit the bill and I'd still recommend it.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room overlooking the river otherwise you'll look at a parking lot
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear Hizlhawk,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for the grand description of your stay! You took much care in your assessment of the hotel and your overall experience and it is greatly appreciated. As you mentioned, it is unfortunate that we must have the rules and regulations that we do for our four legged friends that are as well behaved as yours are, we must be fair to everyone and I thank you for understanding that. We are working on replacing our entire internet infrastructure this year to up the speed that our guests receive on their in-room wireless reception.

We do look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Seattle, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This was a delightful, reasonably priced hotel that allows pets. It is also located on extra real estate that provided exercise areas for the pets. An added bonus were well-appointed rooms, a library and 24-hr pool.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear Texanna C,

Thank you for staying with us in Astoria! I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as your pet. We enjoy being able to provide a space for our four-legged guests to stretch and run around in as well. We hope that you will stay with us again soon!

Hawaii
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The only reason we stayed there was because Bethany lured us in with the sweet smell of fresh baked cookies. She was fantastic - super helpful and informative! A diamond employee. A++ stay because of her.

1 Thank murray7777
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear murray7777,

Thank you so much for staying with us in Astoria! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you will be coming back! I will pass this review on to the staff and Bethany so she can share in your enjoyment as well.

Elma, United States
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed 2 nights and loved every minute of it. We brought our grandchildren and they loved the pool area. We also got to see the big ships passing by from our window. The room was very comfortable and extremely clean! The breakfast was excellent and the nightly cookies topped off a great day. Great Place!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Dear Teresa B,

Thank you for staying with us in Astoria. It seems the cookies are the talk of the town lately! We do enjoy being able to provide our guests with a hot, fresh cookie. It makes it feel like home. We do look forward to having you stay with us again here in Astoria and to have the chance to create another memorable weekend.

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We had a hard time finding the entrance to the hotel, one has to go through a U haul parking lot to get there. The desk clerk was very busy on the phone and it didn't feel very welcoming at first but the room we had was clean and quiet. The hot tub and pool were clean and warm. The breakfast was fairly good, if kind of standard. Stay away from the sausage. The fresh baked cookies were nice and the clerk was nice when she wasn't busy. Overall a decent place.

Room Tip: The view on the river side was nice but the windows were kind of small. Fourth floor room was quiet...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
BWAstoriaGM_11, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Skmoore1986,

Thank you for staying with us in Astoria. We will be working on our parking lot and entrance this spring/summer to make it more visible and inviting for our guests. I am glad to read that the accommodations met your standard and that you enjoyed your trip.

We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.