“Nice getaway, great hotel, great views”

Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I took the grandkids to this hotel for a couple of nights. My husband has been ill, and the hotel elevator came in handy. We loved the room. It was very nice and clean, the bed was comfy, and the pillows were nice. We had a view of the river and the bar. My husband loved watching the ships come in. The pool is small, and fairly shallow. The free breakfast was good. The staff were very helpful. We would love to go back. And 2 miles away, across the bridge to Warrenton, there is Fred Meyer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the water.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Brandon K, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2014

BarbaraS -

Thank you for staying with us.

We are glad that you and your grand kids enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to

seeing you when you come back to the area.

Dawn DeLacey- GM

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This place is a little tricky to get to, but it is an ideal place to stay in Astoria. Close to Lewis & Clark sites and Astoria Column. Also close to the long bridge that takes you to Washington. Review requires 200 characters and I think I've said everything I need to say. We have stayed here twice in the last three years and found it to be excellent on both occasions. I'm not sure how much more I need to write to get to 200 characters, but if it is much more, I'm going to give up on filing out a review.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Brandon K, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2014

James M -

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to hear that you have had an excellent stay each time you have been here and that

you enjoyed our location.

We look forward to seeing you next time you come to Astoria.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have stayed at many best westerns. This stay was via a groupon. They advertised "make a splash 24/7 with our indoor pool". Nowhere in the ad did it say no kids after 10pm, nor was it posted in the hotel, nor was I notified upon arrival. I chose Best Western for our stay in Astoria specifically because we could enjoy the day activities then come back and swim (with my 7 year old late, which is a rare treat when you are 7). So at 10:10 we were headed down when staff (front desk lady who also checked us in, seemed to act in charge), notified us that it was adults only. So, I had to haul unhappy kiddos upstairs. I went back down alone to ask why I was not notified and if there was a place to voice my unhappiness and a young man who was very kind was referring me to a comment card or a website when the blonde woman interrupted and took over very rudely stating she told the man in my party who checked us in the policy and that she would discuss this with groupon herself(there was no man in my party, I checked us in). I let her know that I did the check in and that she did not inform me, she was very brief as she seemed overwhelmed due to many staff calling in sick. Again, she was very very snappy and rude to me, said "this was a business hotel" when giving explanation for the pool. Side note: Your cleaning and maintenance staff were amazingly kind, every single one greeted me upon passing with a kind hello and a warm smile(maybe you should promote them as they appear to have better customer service skills than your management). I understand if this is your policy as your pool is not separate from sleeping guests. But it should be noted rather than used as a family selling point. Had I have known, I would have stayed elsewhere and used Best Western for a trip with my husband in a Jacuzzi room instead. Sadly, I am not sure I will ever stay at a Best Western again after this experience.

1  Thank Angelina J
Brandon K, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Angelina J,

I am sorry to read that you had a less than enjoyable experience at our hotel. I have shared your comments with the staff and apologize for your experience. I have also talked with Groupon about the wording that is put out on the website advertising and will be working with them on better, clearer information in the future.

-Brandon Kraft

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I would definatly stay at this hotel again. It was quiet and the people were friendly. They have dog friendly rooms available. The breakfast was a great perk. We even had a balcony we could sit on in the evening. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling down the coast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

SandraG-

Thank you for your review.

We hope to see you next time when you come to Astoria.

Dawn DeLacey -GM

Reviewed 26 July 2014

A very nice Best Western with an excellent breakfast. We had a nice corner room (3rd floor) with a view of the water and work yard. No view of the bridge at night from our room which was a little disappointing. Have to drive through a u-haul area to get to the hotel which was different. Overall a good stay.

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Vicki W,

I read your comments and want to apologize for the lack of customer service that you received on your stay. I have talked with the desk staff and hope you will give us a chance to change your perspective on your next visit.

-Brandon Kraft

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This a very average, somewhat run-down hotel. Everything in Astoria is expensive, so paying $200 a night for a Best Western did not come as a surprise. What surprised me was the fact that it is in a U-Haul parking lot. (Don't let the internet photos fool you). Don't even try to use your GPS. The rooms are very used. Front desk clerks are pretty clueless, so don't be in a hurry and do your best to be patient.

VickiW-

We apologize that your stay was not satisfactory.

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

This hotel has a great staff that greeted us with fresh baked cookies upon check-in, said hello every time we passed them or entered the hotel/breakfast area and thoroughly were a delight to stay with. Room was clean and refreshed each day we were there.

Elizabeth C -

Thank you for your great review.

We are glad you enjoyed interacting with our wonderful staff.

We hope to see you again - Thank you for staying with us.

Dawn DeLacey - GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Astoria
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Astoria
Cannery Pier Hotel
Cannery Pier Hotel
#1 of 14 in Astoria
Best Western Ocean View Resort

Been to Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel? Share your experiences!