“Best customer service ever very willing to make your stay the best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Astoria Bayfront Hotel

and 1 more site!
BEST WESTERN Astoria Bayfront Hotel
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
“Best customer service ever very willing to make your stay the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We were traveling with large sporting equipment no place to securely store them on our vehicle usually take to our room with us and we asked the front desk if they had had a storage area and they did help is out and now we are enjoying our clean spacious room thank you best hotel stay ever :):):):):):):)

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Brandon K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Sunshinecyndi,

Thank you so much for sharing your stay with us while in Astoria. I am happy to read that we could accommodate you and provide the extra space to store your sporting equipment. I think they were long boards if I remember right. I am glad you had fun and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

-Brandon Kraft

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Coos Bay, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

This place is a comedy of errors. They lost our first reservations. Those were made by the manager. The second go around we got booked for "rooms with a view" for $16 less than the manager quoted. The "view" turned out to be one of a boat yard and the other the highway. Access to the place is challenging since one has to go down a dark side street and turn into a driveway that goes between a bank of U-Haul trailers and some old warehouses. The hotel itself is a bit old and dated and, frankly, shabby the rooms are tiny. For all this you get to pay, at the discounted rate, over $200 per night and that is during the week (weekends are more)! The grounds are a mess with trash scattered about and the little bit of landscaping looking a bit sad. The staff, though lacking competency, were very pleasant. My strong suggestion is find another plache, even if you have to pay a few dollars more or just keep moving down the road to another town.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jon B
Dear Jon B,

I will share your comments with the staff on service and the level of cleanliness that you have mentioned. I apologize that there was a mixup in your reservation, but am glad we could accommodate you for the evening.

GM
Scio, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I took the grandkids to this hotel for a couple of nights. My husband has been ill, and the hotel elevator came in handy. We loved the room. It was very nice and clean, the bed was comfy, and the pillows were nice. We had a view of the river and the bar. My husband loved watching the ships come in. The pool is small, and fairly shallow. The free breakfast was good. The staff were very helpful. We would love to go back. And 2 miles away, across the bridge to Warrenton, there is Fred Meyer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the water.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Brandon K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 24 December 2014
BarbaraS -

Thank you for staying with us.

We are glad that you and your grand kids enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to

seeing you when you come back to the area.

Dawn DeLacey- GM
La Mirada, CA, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

This place is a little tricky to get to, but it is an ideal place to stay in Astoria. Close to Lewis & Clark sites and Astoria Column. Also close to the long bridge that takes you to Washington. Review requires 200 characters and I think I've said everything I need to say. We have stayed here twice in the last three years and found it to be excellent on both occasions. I'm not sure how much more I need to write to get to 200 characters, but if it is much more, I'm going to give up on filing out a review.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Brandon K, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 23 December 2014
James M -

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to hear that you have had an excellent stay each time you have been here and that

you enjoyed our location.

We look forward to seeing you next time you come to Astoria.

Dawn DeLacey - GM
Salem, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have stayed at many best westerns. This stay was via a groupon. They advertised "make a splash 24/7 with our indoor pool". Nowhere in the ad did it say no kids after 10pm, nor was it posted in the hotel, nor was I notified upon arrival. I chose Best Western for our stay in Astoria specifically because we could enjoy the day activities then come back and swim (with my 7 year old late, which is a rare treat when you are 7). So at 10:10 we were headed down when staff (front desk lady who also checked us in, seemed to act in charge), notified us that it was adults only. So, I had to haul unhappy kiddos upstairs. I went back down alone to ask why I was not notified and if there was a place to voice my unhappiness and a young man who was very kind was referring me to a comment card or a website when the blonde woman interrupted and took over very rudely stating she told the man in my party who checked us in the policy and that she would discuss this with groupon herself(there was no man in my party, I checked us in). I let her know that I did the check in and that she did not inform me, she was very brief as she seemed overwhelmed due to many staff calling in sick. Again, she was very very snappy and rude to me, said "this was a business hotel" when giving explanation for the pool. Side note: Your cleaning and maintenance staff were amazingly kind, every single one greeted me upon passing with a kind hello and a warm smile(maybe you should promote them as they appear to have better customer service skills than your management). I understand if this is your policy as your pool is not separate from sleeping guests. But it should be noted rather than used as a family selling point. Had I have known, I would have stayed elsewhere and used Best Western for a trip with my husband in a Jacuzzi room instead. Sadly, I am not sure I will ever stay at a Best Western again after this experience.

• 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Angelina J
Dear Angelina J,

I am sorry to read that you had a less than enjoyable experience at our hotel. I have shared your comments with the staff and apologize for your experience. I have also talked with Groupon about the wording that is put out on the website advertising and will be working with them on better, clearer information in the future.

Sedro Woolley, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I would definatly stay at this hotel again. It was quiet and the people were friendly. They have dog friendly rooms available. The breakfast was a great perk. We even had a balcony we could sit on in the evening. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling down the coast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

SandraG-

Thank you for your review.

We hope to see you next time when you come to Astoria.

Dawn DeLacey -GM
Folsom, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

A very nice Best Western with an excellent breakfast. We had a nice corner room (3rd floor) with a view of the water and work yard. No view of the bridge at night from our room which was a little disappointing. Have to drive through a u-haul area to get to the hotel which was different. Overall a good stay.

Stayed June 2014
Dear Vicki W,

I read your comments and want to apologize for the lack of customer service that you received on your stay. I have talked with the desk staff and hope you will give us a chance to change your perspective on your next visit.