“I stay here whenever I come.”

Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
Vancouver, WA
“I stay here whenever I come.”
Reviewed 16 April 2009

The staff @ the hotel are wonderfully helpful and nice; very friendly & personable @ the front desk. the rooms & beds are clean & comfortable. Warm Continental breakfast included with your stay. The Hotel sits at the edge of the bay & the Columbia River. A river side walk starts just under a block away. It has a pool & hot tub open 24 hrs, and a fitness room open until 10pm. I would recommenda stay @ this hotel whether for business or pleasure.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank treefire237
JuliaBWAST, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2009
Thank you for leaving a great review, so glad to see you enjoy your stay and keep coming back. Your business is greatly appreciated!
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make it even better!

Julia Pislegina
GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
portland, oregon
Reviewed 25 February 2009

I have to say I was a little concerned by reviews before.. but decided to take a chance. My family always stays at Best Western so I decided to trust the name. I have to say I'm glad I did. This hotel is gorgeous inside! Beautiful slated lobby, cozy lighting.. the rooms can stand a little updating-but half of the hotel is shut down and they are working on it. The staff informed me that they will be open in March. I can't wait to come back and see what they look like. Staff was the friendliest and knowledgeable! I've never encountered more caring people. The pool was crystal clean and open 24 hours!! The kids loved it! Yummy breakfast in the morning, waffles, buscuits, gravy, sausage, eggs, fruit etc etc big selection. Thank you for telling us about Astoria and recomending things to do, you guys had done an excellent job! I'm excited to come back soon!
Thank you for a wonderful getaway!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank portlandlover1965
JuliaBWAST, General Manager at Best Western Astoria Bayfront Hotel, responded to this review, 18 March 2009
Thank you so much for staying at the Best Western Lincoln Inn, I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay! We are looking forward to your next visit. Please don't hesitate to contact us if we can be of any assistance,

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review!
Julia Pislegina, GM
Sonoma, CA
Reviewed 9 July 2008

Honestly, I’d rather sleep in my car then go back to the Best Western Lincoln Inn in Astoria, Oregon.

We arrived late the evening of Thursday, July 3, 2008. Tom was at the front desk. While I was waiting in line to check in, someone ahead of me in line asked for an additional room key. Tom said no problem asked for his room number and produced a key for him. When it was my turn to check in I mentioned that it made me uneasy that he produced the key for that man without checking any I.D. Tom said he was good with faces and recognized the man as having checked in earlier. He offered to make a note on my account to only provide me with an extra key if I showed I.D. If for no other reason than this, I would never stay there again.

After the above discussion took place, Tom assigned us to room #225. The stench in the room was nearly unbearable. I knew Tom was not going to be of any help to me so we decided to stay in the room for the night and request a change in the morning. It wasn’t until we turned in for the night that we realized that the black-out curtains in the room didn’t close completely so we endured the bright lights from the hotel neon sign and parking lot lights shining into our room throughout the night. At 5:30 in the morning we were awakened by a fellow guest beginning their workout. The room Tom chose for us was right next to the 24-hour exercise facility. It was absolutely impossible to sleep with all of the noise as guest after guest worked out.

After breakfast we asked to change rooms. We were reassigned to room #240 and immediately took a nap. We spent the rest of the day away from the hotel and returned at 1:00 am for the night. Although the actions of other guests are no fault of the hotel, the family in room #340 awoke early and the children began running around the room at 7:00 am. We were treated to our personal “thunderstorm” as they ran round and round and round. I question the quality of construction of the building because the noise was so loud. Although exhausted, we spent the day in Seaside.

When we returned to our room late Saturday evening we were surprised to see that the beds had not been made. I called to the front desk and was told that daily towel service was provided, but making the bed was done only upon request. I have never....ever...stayed in a hotel, motel, or bed and breakfast where making the bed was not automatically part of the included services.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
8 Thank lovingsonoma
Portland, OR
Reviewed 30 June 2008

Our family of 8 stayed the weekend at the Best Western Lincoln Inn and were pleased with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the pool kept the kids happy for hours. The continental breakfast was sufficient. Although this property isn't directly on a beach, it is a great place to stay if you plan to tour anywhere between Long Beach, Washington to Cannon Beach.

• Liked — Great customer service
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank travelinbybus
Washington State
Reviewed 23 June 2008

Wanted to stay in Seaside, Oregon but didn't have a reservation and a convention had all the decent rooms rented. Drove to Astoria and took the first hotel we came to - mistake. The room was expensive for the location and class of hotel. The room smelled musty. Location isn't good - next to a commercial area and kind of dumpy. The breakfast was okay but the eggs were strange, formed like pineapple slices. Won't stay there again. In fact, I didn't see any place in Astoria that looked inviting.

• Disliked — Musty room smell
  • Stayed June 2008
5 Thank upperlimit
Portland
Reviewed 31 January 2008

we stayed here for a night and would never return, horrible staff, horrible beds, broken elevator, and woke up to rude fishermen yelling in the hallway at 5am, that was a real joy with our 3 kids!!!!!!! could not be more disappointed.....what a waste of money....

• Liked — Not 1 single thing!
  • Disliked — everything!
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
7 Thank busymama3
Fortuna, ca
Reviewed 16 October 2007

My husband stayed in the King Spa room. The room itself was nice with a wonderful Spa. The view was just Ok. Not the nicest river view. The bathroom in this room was extremely small. The shower was so small you could barely move in it. The front desk told me that the bathrooms in the spa rooms were smaller than all the other rooms. I can't understand why these rooms have such terrible bathrooms, since these are the most $$ and are supposed to be their nicest rooms. The lobby and hallways have been remodeled already and are very nice. They are about to remodel the rooms. There is a pool and hot tub off the lobby. The exersize room is on another floor. There is also a laundry room. The breakfast was fine. There was cereal, toast, waffles and hot dish. They did run out of food and no one was working in the breakfast room to help. I think someone finally complained and staff came in to get more food.
We probably will not stay in this place again. Most likely we will find a hotel in a nearby city.

• Liked — The Spa in our room
  • Disliked — small bathroom
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple