“The view is great!”

Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
Sacramento, California
“The view is great!”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The rooms all face the marina! Rooms that face the river have a great view of the Cruise ships and fishermen coming and going. Try to go when the cruise ships come in. The concierge may be able to check the schedule. More things are open when the cruise ships are in. We toured the beautiful historic theatre for free. Be sure to try the Riverwalk trolley, $1 for one ride or $2 to ride all day. The inn is located at the end/beginning of the route so there’s a stop right there. Beautiful town full of history and beautiful homes. I’ve never seen such huge Rhododendron bushes in my life! Be sure to take the historic highway down to see the falls and View house.

Room Tip: All rooms face the Marina, the ones paralleling give a great view of the cruise ships, the ones faci...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mercouri

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Gresham,oregon
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Fun package, great people ,great view ,will do it again!!!! I don't know of a better way to spend a trip to the coast,close to all eating establishments ,close to all the mentioned museums. We were treated like family!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank duane4
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We had an expedia.com $71 special with 2 double beds upgraded for free to Room 202 by Devon at the night desk. Wonderful private balcony overlooking the marina, the US101 bridge to Washington, and the dock where cruise ships moor. Very comfortable room with 3pc bistro set on balcony, round table w/ 2 chairs inside, desk with chair, TV and DVD player (and loads of free DVDs in lobby), nice big bathroom, free bike rentals, and a free 6:30am breakfast room with toast, English muffins, waffles, fruit, coffee, etc. Rates go up in June and then again for July-August. This is a place to keep on your list for Astoria, one of the great towns on the Oregon coast. A real working town with great shops and restaurants, but not gentrified. Don't miss it!

Room Tip: Room 202 with two queen beds a winner, but all rooms have private balcony. This is the former Thunde...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank R0adTripper66
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I selected this hotel after getting a deal on Travelocity. The pictures looked nice and the location looked great.
I arrived early and was allowed to check in 2 hours before the official check in time.
When I pulled in, my wind shield wipers stopped working. The motor ran but the linkage arm bushing was disconnected. The GM allowed me to park under the awning during the pouring rain. He ran me to the auto parts store, twice, waited both times at the parts store reassuring me that he didn't mind helping out and took me back to the hotel. The GM lent me his tools and made sure I was good to go before getting back to his work.
I can't say enough about the over the top service I received. Lenny took care of us!
Now to the hotel stuff: for the price, you're getting a heck of a deal! You are literally 5-10 minutes from the good stuff here in Astoria. Goonie house, Astoria bridge, Astoria Column, great restaurants, so much! You can check out good bikes to ride around the town too!
The beds are comfortable, the rooms are cozy. We had a great view of the Astoria bridge and the marina.
We'll be back to Astoria soon. When we do, we'll stay here.

• Stayed May 2014
6 Thank Tyler C
vancouver
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Husband and I have stayed at ARI on two other occasions and totally had a relaxing weekend. Love the views from the rooms. Last month took my teen daughter and two of her friends for a one night stay on our way to Seaside. We upgraded to the family suite and the girls loved having the room with the bunkbed and double bed! the room also had a flatscreen, its own bathroom, and game system. Was nice because I had my own room with tv, fridge, and bathroom as well. For $15 more totally worth the upgraded space! We stayed the next 2 nights stuffed in a room at the inn at Seaside! Yes more updated and no space! The Staff at ARI is always very friendly. the breakfast is enough to start your day, and love the free game and movie rentals. If you can score a Groupon deal do it! The bike rentals are also fun. and the trolley pick up (if running) is right outside the hotel.

Room Tip: the hotel is very spread out so when booking a room just let staff be aware of your needs.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank CAROLYN C
Iowa
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The good
Our rooms had been updated, so it felt clean
Every room has a balcony with a couple of plastic chairs and a small table
The bedding was comfortable
Free DVD's, rental bikes and cookies
Beautiful view of the mariana and bridge
Nice staff
Hot waffles included with breakfast
Excellent value
Relatively quiet--could barely hear the crying baby next door.

Not so good
The cleaning on one of our rooms apparently had not been completed, so the beds were missing bedskirts and the bath had not been cleaned. Plus, there was no soap or shampoo.
Floors were a bit unlevel
Either the DVD or the DVD player did not work
Small square pillows and no extra pillows or blankets
Temperature control was questionable--room set at 65 got very hot.
High carb breakfast, but at least there is a fruitbowl

All in all, we would stay there again. It was great for an affordable family vacation getaway. Because the bones are old and the price is right, don't expect perfection.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 21 April 2014

After looking for days for hotel reservations for my anniversary. My partner and I decided on Riverwalk Inn. The price was good and it was central to a lot of things we wanted to do. When we showed up, the cleaners were a little behind on cleaning the rooms. Rather than having us wait forever, Devin upgraded our room. The room was tastefully done and the view from our balcony was fantastic! I was able to take a HOT shower with plenty of water pressure (which I do not have at home) Between the price and the customer service alone, I would come back, I can't think of anything I didn't like.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple