“You Get What You Pay For!”

Astoria Riverwalk Inn
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
Eugene OR
“You Get What You Pay For!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel was very inexpensive. My husband and I were meeting our adult children and their families there and so the budget was a deciding factor. The reviews were good, so we thought that it would be quite nice. Well, it does have positive features. The location on the water is great, the free bikes were a nice extra, there was free wifi, and the beds were very comfortable. The down side of it was basically that it is old. It just feels very run down. The furniture is old, the TV in our room was the old-fashioned kind (though the others' rooms had flat screens), the bathrooms and carpets are dated. The biggest disappointment was the breakfast. The breakfast room itself was dark and depressing. There were two kinds of cold cereal, some bread products, and you could make yourself a waffle.
All in all, it isn't a bad place. We had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our time in Astoria. Would I stay there again? Probably not until they do some remodeling and updating. If you go, just go with realistic expectations.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank travelmavenEugeneOR

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I wanted to like this hotel. I really did. I dig small hotels. I'm cool with old furniture and stained carpet. We have a family. we budget. Cheaper hotel means more $ for other stuff. All I require is a clean bed and a decent shower. Our room is/was filthy. Nothing looks like it has ever been wiped down. I wrote my name on the lamp and door, then I just stopped opening my eyes when I'm in there and the lights are on. Sink and shower drain so slow. Make sure you double check that the door locks behind you. Of the three rooms we stayed in none did. Pretty sure code requires that they do. None of the doors are hung properly. This is only an issue for me because I have an 8 year old who doesn't pay attention to these things. If you have a small child do not stay on the second floor. The balcony slats are too big and a 2 year old could definitely get through. I don't get the view everyone is raving about, all you can see is boats in the water. Its not an ocean view. Also I'm pretty sure there are some families that actually live here. Loud music all hours of the day. They must have a different front desk staff no one has been friendly to us. In fact one person said I had to wait an hour before she could or would make more coffee. There was no one around so iDK what she was doing. No one offers to help or even says hi ever. I wish we never stayed here.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank cagollehon78

Travellers are raving about these Astoria hotels

Covington, Georgia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

From outside the motel looks outdated but this changed when we got into our room. The room we had was updated with a great view. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. The clerk(midnight shift) was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good and a comfortable dining area. They had bicycles to ride at no charge.

1 Thank skifuzz
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My stay was surprisingly nice. The room had a fantastic and peaceful view of the marina and of ocean freighters gliding quietly by on the Columbia River. It was a very quiet location. The room was very clean and nicely furnished with a very comfortable king size bed, table and chairs, a swivel easy chair, flat screen TV with DVD player, fridge, microwave and coffee maker. I had a fairly spacious deck overlooking the marina and river. Breakfast was served in the lobby with excellent coffee. Fresh baked cookies, coffee, cocoa and juice were available day & night. The Astoria trolley stopped near the entrance to the motel, and the river walk in to town was most enjoyable. I highly recommend this location.

Room Tip: All rooms overlook the marina and the Columbia River with the the Astoria-Meglar bridge in view. Thi...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Lorraine D
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We bought a Groupon deal for a whole week and wanted to leave after the first day. The room was uncomfortable and didn't have enough seating. We could hear the people outside and above us at all hours. We asked for new linens every day, but they were never brought to the room. We had to go to the front desk to get them. We never received the free trolley pass that was included in our Groupon deal. If we had not paid for the room ahead of time, we would have left right away. It seemed like the hotel was pretty empty, but when we asked for a different room, we were told nothing else was available. It was one of our worst vacations ever.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank andreafrank02
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel was clean, nice bed and had a great view with a balcony and chairs. The man checking us in was very happy and helpful. I don't think you can get a room here with a bad view. They had bikes to check out for free and other things like movies and breakfast. I would stay here again. I don't know if we got lucky and had a newly renovated room but I didn't have any of the problems that the other reviews had. I got a great nights sleep, shower worked great and loved being able to sit outside in the morning. I did notice they were out of things like trolley tickets which they had advertised with the room, but we didn't need any of that so it didn't put us out.

Ocala, FL
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The inn is pretty old and I was skeptical about its appearance, but pleasantly surprised by our stay. There's no question that it is older and somewhat shabby in appearance, but once you get in, it was really comfortable and most importantly, clean. I was really surprised, however, with the great view from the balcony. II's very picturesque overlooking a beautiful marina. The squeaking sounds of the docks rocked me to sleep and added to its charm. Also, it was reasonably priced and had a decent breakfast included. The check-in staff was very friendly.