“Excellent Motel for the Price”

Astoria Crest Motel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
Reviewed 21 July 2011

My Mom, Son and I stayed here for three nights while in Astoria and would definately stay here again. The staff were excellent, the room was very clean and the view of the Columbia River was exceptional. The 4th of July fireworks were awesome! The only complaint I have was that the room was a bit stuffy as you could not leave your balcony door open at night and there were no other windows to open.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Columbia River
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 July 2011

Very cute, cozy motel located on the top of the hill coming into Astoria from Hwy 30. Reminds me of the ol' 1960s-1970s motels when we still got keys to our rooms instead of today's credit card key things.

Hubby and I had room 14. Our room was VERY small and outdated, but it did the job for the 2 days we were in town. The room itself consisted of a queen bed, 2 end tables, small TV, coffee pot with coffee packets, itty bitty bathroom with a tiny corner stand in shower and small table and 2 chairs in corner. Room was located on the corner of the building and it had two big windows so that when you sat at the table you had a beautiful partial view of the Columbia River.

The place is very clean and well kept, the lady at the front desk is very friendly & helpful, and you get a parking space right outside your room. Housekeeping was also very friendly and gave me extra towels & coffee packs every day that I was there.

It's VERY pet friendly, and pets are FREE so expect to see lots of dogs being walked on the premises. There are doggy doo doo pick-up bags in many spots but alas, some people still did NOT use these and left their dogs "leftovers" right in walking paths to the spa and courtyard.

There is a nice courtyard area with a cute fountain. There is a covered hot tub with a great view toward town and of the Columbia River. You can sit in the spa and watch the lights twinkle in the night. The Wi-Fi is free but it was as slowwww as molasses and reminded me of my ol' dial up days. The price was very good for the time we were there as the other hotels up the street wanted over $150 for a similar room!! Still, I think next time I will upgrade to one of the rooms with a full river view and microwave/fridge combo.

FREEBIES: Pets, Parking, Wi-Fi, Small Continental Breakfast, Coffee!!

CHECK IN: 2 PM. CHECKOUT: 12 Noon.

Book your rooms on their official website to get the best discount.

Room Tip: Book your rooms on the Crests official webpage for the best rates.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Astoria is celebrating its 200th Anniversary and there are many things related to that celebration to do. There's a waterfront trolley, older interesting building, music, great restaurants and 200 years of History

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2011

My boyfriend and I were on a vacation and picked the Crest Motel from a AAA lists. The prices are reasonable. The rooms were very clean and large. The decor is vintage 60s and reminded me of family vacations I took as a child. The views of the river were enchanting. There was a patio with a fireplace outside and a hot tube available. We watched the large ships come down the river along with a lovely sunset. I will stay here again when we go back to Oregon.

Room Tip: Get the river view side of the rooms if they are available
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Although the Crest Motel is a bit dated, the rooms are large and extremely clean. The remote control for the TV did not work and they immediately replaced it. The bed was extremely comfortable.
We also loved the view and the fact that they did not charge extra fees for our dog or for internet.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2011

We stayed once before back in March as we come to Astoria frequently. NEVER AGAIN! Our room was not clean! I was livid! The bed came undone when I pulled the sheets back and had to re-make it. We had to go buy pillows as the ones on the bed were slobber stained..........I will try and post a picture. There was some sort of stains on the walls like spilled coffee, spiders in the tub and dirt on the bathroom floor. I am so serious when I say that the last room we had was immaculate and we were impressed, but the room we were given was just plain gross. My husband was so pissed that he slept on top of the bed as well as I did. We just won't stay again. It isn't worth the headache to complain. The owner doesn't care anyway.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Chicknitter
Reviewed 23 April 2011

We stayed in Room 45. Very quiet, lovely view of the Columbia, pleasant management. It's been a long time since we've had a comfortable motel/hotel bed, so this was a nice surprise. Rooms are a little dated, but we found the whole place charming. Really wish we could've stayed longer. We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple