“Comfortable”

Astoria Crest Motel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
Reviewed 10 August 2011

We found the Crest Motel to be very comfortable for our stay. The room was ample with two queen beds, a couch, chairs and a table. The sliding door opened onto a small patio with chairs where we sat and watched the river activity. The microwave and refrigerator allowed us to prepare a simple dinner in our room and the in-room coffee maker was much appreciated the next morning. A small continental breakfast was offered in the office but we skipped it, Both check-in and checkout were efficient.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank piloti5

Reviewed 30 July 2011

We found this hotel to be a bit older and the lack of a/c might be an issue during some times of the year. It was warm during the day, but with windows open, we were fine at night. What I liked best is that they had a reasonably priced family option. One room had two twin beds and a TV and then there was a small bedroom with a queen bed and another TV (this TV had fewer channel options). I have a teenage son and daughter, in most chain hotels, we sleep mom and daughter in one bed and dad and son in another.. Everyone in my family was THRILLED to have different sleeping arrangements. This room is in a separate building and does NOT have a view.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2011

VERY dated property; in serious need of some TLC. Deadbolt on our door was extremely difficult to unlock once we locked it (a real problem in the event of a fire); the screen door to the shared deck (which is shared by ALL rooms on the second floor; no dividers) didn't lock so we had no source of fresh air during the night as there were no other windows in the room; no AC (a fan was provided); sheets were clean but STAINED (didn't discover that until the next morning . . . I was appauled!); thin towels; shower had no place to put shampoo, soap, etc. The plug in the bathroom was loose. Very old TV; very dated artwork (from the 70's). Two positives: the room was quiet . . . didn't hear ANY noise from adjoining rooms, and the view is spectacular! With some TLC and attention to detail, this could be a wonderful, inexpensive place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2011

My Mom, Son and I stayed here for three nights while in Astoria and would definately stay here again. The staff were excellent, the room was very clean and the view of the Columbia River was exceptional. The 4th of July fireworks were awesome! The only complaint I have was that the room was a bit stuffy as you could not leave your balcony door open at night and there were no other windows to open.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Columbia River
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Very cute, cozy motel located on the top of the hill coming into Astoria from Hwy 30. Reminds me of the ol' 1960s-1970s motels when we still got keys to our rooms instead of today's credit card key things.

Hubby and I had room 14. Our room was VERY small and outdated, but it did the job for the 2 days we were in town. The room itself consisted of a queen bed, 2 end tables, small TV, coffee pot with coffee packets, itty bitty bathroom with a tiny corner stand in shower and small table and 2 chairs in corner. Room was located on the corner of the building and it had two big windows so that when you sat at the table you had a beautiful partial view of the Columbia River.

The place is very clean and well kept, the lady at the front desk is very friendly & helpful, and you get a parking space right outside your room. Housekeeping was also very friendly and gave me extra towels & coffee packs every day that I was there.

It's VERY pet friendly, and pets are FREE so expect to see lots of dogs being walked on the premises. There are doggy doo doo pick-up bags in many spots but alas, some people still did NOT use these and left their dogs "leftovers" right in walking paths to the spa and courtyard.

There is a nice courtyard area with a cute fountain. There is a covered hot tub with a great view toward town and of the Columbia River. You can sit in the spa and watch the lights twinkle in the night. The Wi-Fi is free but it was as slowwww as molasses and reminded me of my ol' dial up days. The price was very good for the time we were there as the other hotels up the street wanted over $150 for a similar room!! Still, I think next time I will upgrade to one of the rooms with a full river view and microwave/fridge combo.

FREEBIES: Pets, Parking, Wi-Fi, Small Continental Breakfast, Coffee!!

CHECK IN: 2 PM. CHECKOUT: 12 Noon.

Book your rooms on their official website to get the best discount.

Room Tip: Book your rooms on the Crests official webpage for the best rates.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Astoria is celebrating its 200th Anniversary and there are many things related to that celebration to do. There's a waterfront trolley, older interesting building, music, great restaurants and 200 years of History

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2011

My boyfriend and I were on a vacation and picked the Crest Motel from a AAA lists. The prices are reasonable. The rooms were very clean and large. The decor is vintage 60s and reminded me of family vacations I took as a child. The views of the river were enchanting. There was a patio with a fireplace outside and a hot tube available. We watched the large ships come down the river along with a lovely sunset. I will stay here again when we go back to Oregon.

Room Tip: Get the river view side of the rooms if they are available
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple