“Great Stay!”
Review of Hotel Elliott

Hotel Elliott
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My husband and I were very pleased with Hotel Elliott! Our stay was only one night but the hotel staff was very warm and welcoming, which was refreshing after a long trip from NYC. The girl at the front desk was very helpful in directing us to the "must sees" in town for our short stay as well as some great restaurants. She clearly explained the parking restrictions and pointed us towards open lots, as Sunday's street market was beginning super early the next morning. The room was small but clean and comfortable. I was happy that the bathroom had a heated tile floor and was stocked with Aveda products. We loved old charm of the facade, the lobby, elevator and hallways. Breakfast was fresh with ample options; eggs, waffles, cinnamon buns, cereals, yogurt, fruit, juices, coffee and tea. The view from the roof deck was quite nice, we took some really pretty photos up there.
Astoria is a such a nice, quaint town with lots of history. Hotel Elliotts was the perfect place to stay, close to all and in the center of the Sunday Market action. What a great way to kick off our trip down the Oregon Coast!

I would highly recommend Hotel Elliott!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 August 2013

we received a government rate, but even without it, I would say the Hotel is well worth the price, compared to others in the area that are as or more expensive. Very clean, tastefully decorated, in a terrific location, just across from T Pauls supper Club, and many other restaurants, shops, coffee establishments. Complimentary breakfast well above the average breakfast buffet with eggs benedict, fritters, wholesome breads. The roof top garden is a lovely spot for scanning the vast mouth of the Columbia River and ship traffic. Only criticism was desk clerk who checked us in; while she was not busy, she was disinterested in guests and didn't disguise it.

Room Tip: fourth or fifth floor is completely void of traffic noise
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 August 2013

very nice interior architecture and design (cool art too), super cozy comfy bed (i slept really well), excellent front desk service (they hooked us up with a dvd player and Goonies movie at the front desk). Even the toiletries were the best I ve had from any hotel (Aveda). The tub was fabulous (its deeper than most),complementary breakfast was impressive (super fresh tasting ingredients, some organic, great selection, and great coffee). The worst part was having to leave!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the Hotel Elloitt. The hotel has the charm and feel of an historic railroad hotel you'd expect to find and has been well maintained and preserved while retaining the historic elements. The room itself was nice and reasonably spacious with a relatively newly renovated and up to date bathroom. The building does not have central air conditioning but the room we were in had a portable air conditioner that exhausted to the exterior and did the job with less noise than a standard hotel unit through the wall. The hotel was in a location which made walking to most everything in town easy and pleasant, the rooftop deck was a nice feature, and the reception and wine bar was equally enjoyable. The hotel served breakfast in the morning which changed slightly from day to day and - a big item - the eggs didn't have that odd taste that you get at most chain hotels, so all in all, the breakfast was very good.

We would highly recommend this hotel for a stay in Astoria.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager1313, General Manager at Hotel Elliott, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to sharing your positive comments about our hotel.

We are always encouraged to hear from guests who understand our hotel’s historic charm and challenges and how we successfully work to reduce and element those challenges.

Not everyone is as appreciative of our facility and they are better off at a national chain.

Our town is a great place to live and visit and he hope to see you again on your next trip to Astoria!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I was very disappointed with my recent two night stay at the Hotel Elliott in Astoria. It is indeed "conveniently" located in downtown Astoria, but given that's only a few blocks big, that doesn't mean so much. Room was small, and while the bathroom with nice and seemingly had been renovated relatively recently, the room itself looked like it hadn't been in 20 years. We were in a room with a king sized bed and there wasn't much space given the size of the bed. The hotel is obviously trying to play to its "former glory," but frankly it feels like faded glory.

What really annoyed me was the attitude of the staff. When I inquired about the ingredients in one of the b'fast items given my son has a food allergy, I got a curt "how do you expect me to know answer." Worse than that, it was said curtly with a "why are you bothering me?" (if not worse) attitude. Similar to when I asked someone at the front desk where I could park given the Sunday flea market in front of the hotel, when I was sternly answered "didn't I tell you that last night?" Some serious attitude issues here.

My advice would be to stay at one of the national chains in the area. At least there you know what you're getting for your money. The Elliott isn't cheap either.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank PaulSing1
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My husband and I spent two nights at this hotel and it was a pleasant experience. We were warmly greeted by the front desk person. Our room was clean and comfortable. The king size bed was great and provided a great night's sleep. The bathroom was small but quite adequate. I was pleasantly surprised to see Aveda products in the bathroom. Another great bonus was the small, yet adequate work out room. Breakfast each morning was hot and filling. The server (with long braided hair) was so very pleasant and we could tell that she took great pride in her job. This hotel was in a great location which allowed us to walk everywhere. I would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed here basically because of its convenient downtown location and we were very happy. Breakfast was absolutely amazing and they had the best hotel coffee we have ever had(we like strong coffee). The bed and pillows were comfy and the heated floor in the tiled bathroom was very nice! Also, the rooftop deck with the gas fire pit was a nice perk. I don't think I would have brought young kids here but I did see a few older children.