Hotel Elliott
Commodore Hotel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$111
  • Restaurant
Astoria Crest Motel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
US$112
Norblad Hotel And Hostel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
US$88
Agoda.com
All reviewsrooftop deckwine barheated floorsfire pitaveda productsdowntown astoriasunday marketrestored hotelsupper clubcontinental breakfastwatch the sunsethistoric charmjunior suiteyogurtcinnamon rollsstreet noisejacuzzi tub
Reviewed 26 September 2006

I had a wonderful stay at the Hotel Elliott this last weekend! The service was great, the weather was fabulous and I slept SO WELL! Everything about my stay was so easy, from having the doggy bed and treats with bowls in my room for my dog, to the wonderful breakfast basket in morning! The staff was very accommodating and made my dog and I feel at home! :o) I look forward to staying again in the future!

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank bblancas
Reviewed 3 July 2006

We had a very enjoyable stay at the Hotel Elliott. The room decor was more modern than the hotel lobby and bar. The furninshings were well maintained and everything was very neat and clean. The staff was friendly. The hotel is located in the middle of Astoria with plenty of restaurants and galleries within a block or two. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2006
3  Thank Nashville1
Reviewed 26 June 2006

We spent one night at The Elliott Hotel in a standard room. The room was small but very clean. The bed was quite comfortable. The biggest problem was no screens on the windows. It was June and not real hot, but the only air circulation was through the windows. Our room was on a busy street and was quite noisy during the day. Unfortunately along with the open window came the flies.

The bathroom was very nicely decorated but there were no towel racks for hanging. The towels were great, probably the best we've had in a hotel. There was no bathtub in our room.

The complimentary breakfast was pretty bad. The food was of very poor quality and there wasn't much of a selection. It's better to just dine out for breakfast if you want something good to eat.

I probably would not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank MTB2000
Reviewed 11 June 2006

This was our first overnight visit to Astoria. We enjoy small boutique hotels and the Elliot was definitely a good choice. The rooms were on the small side but well appointed. Of course, most renovated hotels like this usually have fairly small rooms. We spent a lovely part of the early evening on the rooftop deck watching the sun set and meeting some other guests. The basement wine bar and cigar lounge was very nice - I wish I had the opportunity to light one up! Don't be concerned by the cigar lounge, it is carefully closed off so that one would not pick up the savory aromas of the lounge if you spent time at the wine bar. The Elliot provides a complimentary voucher for a couple of glasses of wine across the street at a very inviting bar.

Spend some time visiting the Flavel House, the waterfront trolly, and the driving through the neighborhoods with many victorian homes.

I do want to re-visit Astoria and would likely stay at the Elliot again.

• Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank greasyregs
Reviewed 30 May 2006

The Hotel Elliott is a very nice restored hotel in downtown Astoria. If you want a central location to the downtown area, it is perfect. It is also extremely well located if you would like to attend the Sunday Market, as it is located literally at the front door steps of the hotel.

The interior design of the renovated rooms was nicely done. Good taste in colors, materials, and trim. Nice flat screen TV in bedroom.

Furnishings were pretty well done...although coffee tables and nightstands seemed a little nicked up, like an overnighter had knocked suitcases into them one too many times. What do I know though...maybe they were just a little "antiqued". Even though banged up a little, still nice quality.

The bathroom was absolutely incredible, with just about every detail taken into account. Nice, high-end materials were used for everything, from the granite counters to the heated stone / travertine floors. Kohler products galore. Very nice.

Was everything perfect? No. Couple nit picks: other than the glass shower door handle, there wasn't ONE other towel rack. So, you walk into a gorgeous bathroom, just to find a stack of 4-5 towels and hand cloths stacked on the toilet. Just a little odd.

Also, in our room, which featured a nice separate sitting area from the bedroom, the TV was sitting on top of a mini-fridge. Now don't get me wrong, having a little fridge in the room is handy, if you're staying for multiple nights like we did. But from an aesthetic point of view, just a little odd. Here's this big TV sitting on a brown, backyard patio used-looking mini-fridge. No built in cabinet for the fridge. No custom TV shelving on top of the fridge. Just a TV resting on a little metal brown fridge. The point I'm making is, it just seemed out of place, with everything else so nice and well done.

Even with these nit picks, the overall experience was positive. I would definitely stay again, and plan to do so in August, when I'm back up for a wedding that I'm attending.

• Stayed: May 2006