“Charming hotel with nice updates”
Review of Hotel Elliott

Hotel Elliott
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
Reviewed 12 August 2010

We stayed for a friend's wedding. They actually got married at the hotel. We stayed in a standard room, which was very nice. It was nicely updated with a very comfy bed. My one complaint would be the farmer's market on Sunday. We had our windows open because it was warm and they set up for the market Sunday morning very early (5 AM). We had been up late the night before for the wedding and it was very loud. I think you should be informed of this so you can decide if you mind the early wake-up or might want to stay elsewhere

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 August 2010

We had actually made reservations at another hotel but were put in the Hotel Elliott as the first hotel was under renovation. It was our lucky day!

This is a small hotel - listed on Historic Hotels of America. It was renovated in 2004 and was made into a luxury hotel. Some of those enhancements (like a heated bathroom floor) seem to be gone, but the rooms were great! Wonderful, outstanding bed! Best bed of a 19 day trip! Downtown location - beautifully decorated rooms - thick cushy towels. Service was very good. The continental breakfast included a wait person, pastries, cereals, meat and cheese and a variety of breads and juices. All included - can't think of a thing that would make this better. Ourtstanding shower.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2010

Was looking for a place to stay for the night and all the usual suspects (holiday inn, comfort suites, best western) were all booked up. I didn't know about the Elliott but once I found it I wished I had gone there first. It's a classic property with a modern twist. It's well upgraded but it maintains all of it's charm. The staff at the front were great too! When I come back to Astoria I will definitely come back!

Reviewed 2 June 2010

I loved the hotel! The staff were nothing but accommodating, my hotel room was well appointed, and the bed was so comfortable! What a wonderful experience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to or thinking about traveling to Astoria. It is the perfect jumping off point for all of your adventures!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2010

Booked the king jacuzzi suite for my husband and my anniversary. The room was dirty (dust all over fireplace, cobwebs from drapes to tv, melon seeds on carpet and hair in the jacuzzi tub). We also were disappointed that there were no vending machines (for soda) nor was there any on site to purchase. When I asked at the front desk I was told that there was convenience store down the street a couple blocks. When I said I didn't want to walk that far in the rain...one of the front desk people made a smart comment "use an umbrella!".
At check out, when asked how my stay had been I handed the girl my comment card and told her that I had noted all our problems. She didn't even look at the card, just handed us our receipt and said thank you.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank beachsherry
NorthPacificMgnt, General Manager at Hotel Elliott, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your stay, we appreciate all guest responses. We are disappointed to hear that our hotel did not meet your needs. With a new hotel manager recently in place we have been making some great changes at the hotel including the consistency of service delivery, staff training and overall cleanliness. We appreciate you taking the time to fill out the onsite comment card and connecting with us after your stay to expand on the details of your post. It allowed us to look further into your concerns and take corrective action. Since the stay you are referencing was paid for via a donated gift certificate (the Hotel Elliott participates in many non-profit fundraising efforts!) we regret that we were unable to reimburse you for any part of your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back for another complimentary stay and improving upon your experience at the Hotel Elliott. Best regards, John Taffin, General Manager

Reviewed 2 May 2010

We booked MONTHS in advance at $119/night...when we checked in, the clerk -- unaware of our arrangement -- tried to charge us $185 and said it was their "normal" rate. Other couples in our party were charged over $200 for their rooms, and they were in even smaller than ours....and to say our room was a shoebox would be an insult to shoeboxes! The continental breakfast was like an afterthought from an elderly woman who hadn't stocked her pantry for two months. The whole experience was a complete rip off and monumentally disappointing. We should've stayed elsewhere for half the price, and next time we will...

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TnT16301

Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your stay, we appreciate all guest responses. We are disappointed to hear that our hotel did not meet your needs. Because of the historic nature of our hotel we have many room types in our 32 room property, ranging from 250 sq. ft. guest rooms to our 1,100 sq. ft. Presidential Suite. We have recently upgraded our complimentary continental breakfast and have been hearing good comments from our guests. While we always encourage our guests to let us know about any concerns at the time of their stay, which allows us to correct them during their visit, we understand this is not always possible. We would love to hear directly from you, please contact me at (503) 325-2222 if I can be of further assistance. Best regards, John Taffin, General Manager.

Reviewed 29 April 2010

$275 for a night plus tax and pet deposit? This place is not that great compared to other historic hotels on the west coast. Small rooms and noisy neighbors are just some of the issues I had but when it came time for the "included breakfast" what a joke. I cannot begin to tell you how disappointing it was. No eggs, bacon, nice fruit or good coffee. Instead, a plate with cheese, some wheat bread and a few other sorted items that were not so breakfast like. We wound up going to a really great restaurant down the street called Steve and Al's or something like that. The Elliot gets a failing grade from us and the three other couples who went with us.
I need to point out that the Elliot cost $120 more than our 1800' square ft condo in Maui at the El Dorado.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank unicornfan

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay, we greatly value all guest feedback. We are disappointed to hear that our hotel did not meet your needs. We do recognize that the room rates on the Oregon Coast fluctuate quite dramatically during our demand season. We have recently upgraded our complimentary continental breakfast and have been hearing good comments from our guests... We agree with you that the hotel is surrounded by some fantastic restaurants – we love our downtown location! If you are ever in Astoria again, we would love the opportunity to show you our changes. Please contact me at (503) 325-2222 if I can be of further assistance. Best regards, John Taffin, General Manager.