“Little bites! One of our favorite things....”
Review of MonteAlban

MonteAlban
Ranked #50 of 104 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We decided to try this restaurant based on reviews here, and the inexpensiveness of the 'little' bites, and it was on the way home. Plus I LOVE tamales!!! I had a spiced pork and a chicken tamale...both were good, the chicken was the best. But the really best was a surprise. I had ordered the fish taco on a whim, and it was DELICIOUS. Crispy fried (tilapia I think), crunchy hot just mmmmmmmmmmmm, with freshly chopped onions, lettuce, tomatoes and cilantro. I finally gave one of my tamales to my husband and concentrated on the taco. Next time there I am getting two.

The decor is ok, could use refurbishing, I think this may be the 3rd Mexican place in this location, the view is of the street, but after a couple of beers, and some good food, who cares? The free chips and salsa was good too. All in all, 2 beers, 4 tamales and 2 tacos...17 bucks. And we were stuffed, and happy.

1  Thank dragonflymoon123

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

So glad we stopped in for lunch. We live in the area and always drive by. No more drive by's ! We are excited to bring in the rest of the family!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Yum, yum, yum is all I can say. We were passing through on our way home from Cannon Beach and had a craving for tacos. I managed to find wifi and we turned to Yelp for help. Found this place very easily. When we pulled in it looked a little sketchy. Only 1 table was occupied, which can sometimes be a bad sign. Decided to go for it and I am so glad we did. 5 different tacos all $1.50 each. Tostadas were wonderful too. I wish we could go back tonight!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Authentic Mexican food for hard core Regional Cuisine lovers (Oaxahacan) and mild tacos and burritos for the 'american palette' folks. Beautiful decor and festive custom chairs give a nice environment. Good Brunch for us.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

Home made sauces, tortillas and cooking your not likely to get at your average Mexican place. The owners are not from California and almost everything they cook is their own family recipes not your normal bland fare. They even make their own Tamales. Great prices and great quality. The staff is attentive to your needs. I will always stop by when I'm in Astoria.

1  Thank 314Fred314