“Fresh Ingredients”

MonteAlban
Ranked #50 of 106 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had taquitos and fish tacos-very nice. Maybe a bit on the dry side -I like more sauces on things but this is certainly the healthy choice. Will try dinner next time.
The restaurant is opposite the Mill Pond area as you drive into Astoria, and actually
the outside is so under stated it's almost invisible, and the street sign isn't very visible either (I would turn it 90 degrees). I enjoyed the decor, colorful chairs, and wall hangings inside and the owners seemed very friendly. There's street parking outside and some in a small parking lot.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

We decided to try this restaurant based on reviews here, and the inexpensiveness of the 'little' bites, and it was on the way home. Plus I LOVE tamales!!! I had a spiced pork and a chicken tamale...both were good, the chicken was the best. But the really best was a surprise. I had ordered the fish taco on a whim, and it was DELICIOUS. Crispy fried (tilapia I think), crunchy hot just mmmmmmmmmmmm, with freshly chopped onions, lettuce, tomatoes and cilantro. I finally gave one of my tamales to my husband and concentrated on the taco. Next time there I am getting two.

The decor is ok, could use refurbishing, I think this may be the 3rd Mexican place in this location, the view is of the street, but after a couple of beers, and some good food, who cares? The free chips and salsa was good too. All in all, 2 beers, 4 tamales and 2 tacos...17 bucks. And we were stuffed, and happy.

1  Thank dragonflymoon123
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

So glad we stopped in for lunch. We live in the area and always drive by. No more drive by's ! We are excited to bring in the rest of the family!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

Yum, yum, yum is all I can say. We were passing through on our way home from Cannon Beach and had a craving for tacos. I managed to find wifi and we turned to Yelp for help. Found this place very easily. When we pulled in it looked a little sketchy. Only 1 table was occupied, which can sometimes be a bad sign. Decided to go for it and I am so glad we did. 5 different tacos all $1.50 each. Tostadas were wonderful too. I wish we could go back tonight!

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Authentic Mexican food for hard core Regional Cuisine lovers (Oaxahacan) and mild tacos and burritos for the 'american palette' folks. Beautiful decor and festive custom chairs give a nice environment. Good Brunch for us.