“unique friendly coffee/sandwich/bakery in a cannery building”
Review of The Coffee Girl

The Coffee Girl
Ranked #1 of 12 Coffee & Tea in Astoria
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 18 September 2013

You must drive or walk over a wooden pier to find this fun place. It is located in a cannery building, and a visit includes a free tour of the place where tuna was canned, complete with accessories, old boats, and photos of the workers. Once you find Coffee Girl, you enter this modest restaurant and see friendly folks and a great view of the Columbia River. Coffee is great, sandwiches tasty, baked goods fabulous (my brother-in-law says "best coffee cake ever!"). Don't miss this cool place as you travel through Astoria.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I came across this by accident when visiting the Rogue Ale restaurant at the front of the old Bumble Bee Cannery building. The staff is friendly, the coffee was excellent and the views are simply amazing!

Take the time to explore the old cannery inside the same building as well as the boardwalk all around the building.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I discovered Coffee Girl by accident, out on Pier 39 to visit the site of the old Bumble Bee tuna canning factory while on a weekend getaway to Astoria. I noticed there was a coffee place, and I planned to grab a cup to go on my way out. The little dusty museum of Bumble Bee days was fascinating. One of the old black & white photo enlargements was of an older woman; the caption read that she had retired after 56 years at The Coffee Girl, which I deduced was a coffee counter right in the factory who served the cannery workers (quite a perk for the 30s). When I realized the coffeehouse was also The Coffee Girl, I was delighted that the tradition was still alive. They even use the original counter from the old shop. I fell in love the name and the logo so much that I bought a shirt and a mug before I even tried the yummy breve (and who even has the deliciously wicked breve on coffee menus any more these days?).

The Coffee Girl is an adorable coffeehouse over the water at the end of Pier 39. The setting is the most stupendous I've seen in a coffeehouse, the coffee thoughtfully poured (they're into the coffee art of drawing designs and pictures in your latte), and you can sit outside when it's sunny and listen to the water lapping under you and watch the cargo ships go by, framed by the Astoria Bridge in the distance.

The only downside is there's not that much parking on the pier, so when the ale house is open, their customers consume most of the spots. If you don't mind walking, the "bridge" wood plank jetty is only about 500 feet long.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

My cousin recommended this place. It was a little difficult to find. I drove on a pier that felt like it was going to plunge me into the river. However, I made it safely! Love the ambience, the coffee, and the service. It's my new favorite coffee place in Astoria - will definitely go there again when I return on vacation!

Reviewed 19 July 2013

We ordered coffee and scones. We were left alone to enjoy our company and the view was awesome! I was a little upset when we ordered our food, but then had to bus our own table. For the price that we paid for our items and the nice tip that we left, it would have been nice to have that service provided for us.