“It was OK.”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
Phoenix, AZ
“It was OK.”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I am a long time Hilton Honors member. I booked 2 rooms at this Hampton Inn. Upon check in, we were checking in about 3 minutes before checkin we were told one of our rooms was not ready. I reminded the desk clerk when check in time was, the clerrk became rather surly. I asked when the room may be ready as I was travleing with my 93 yet old father and wanted him to rest. I couldnt believer when she said "It will be ready when it's'ready" I couldnt tell if she was joking. The room was ready 30-45 minutes later. When checking out I approced the desk and the clerk was talking on the phone, it only took me a few minutes to realize she was on a personal call. As I stood she kept talking and pretty much ignored me, After a few minutes I set the keys on the desk and walked out. She still said nothing to me. I DO not like the 100% guarentee. I as not 100% happy. But how could I talk to someone and let the know if the clerk was on a personal call. After checking my Hilton Honors site, I noted that had not been given points for my second room, I have called twice and still no points. I have booked 2 rooms before and always got points for both room. I called the hotel to ask them about this and the desk clerk (not sure it it was same clerk) but she said "call hitlon honors, I cant do anything" T o say i was unhappy would be a understandment but the 100% happy clause is not honored.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank TRavlerbarry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We stayed just one night in one of the jacuzzi suites which was spacious and cozy. The breakfast was just okay but there were alot of choices, including fresh waffles. We swam in the pool, which I will agree with other people, was quite cold....and the hot tub too (it was cold enough for our one year old to go in).

I loved the sea lions! I kept the window open just so I could listen to them. I didn't think they were overly noisy at all as some people reviewed. And we had the closest room to that specific pier.

My one complaint, which is minor, was that they didn't have real coffee cups available. They seemed to be real vigilant about reusing towels, conserving water, etc. then they give you paper cups that are individually wrapped in plastic. It seems too wasteful! I would rather have real cups personally.

Room Tip: I loved that the end of the trolley line is located right outside this hotel!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jillpikkle
Colleen C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Astoria, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear jillpikkle,

I am so glad you chose to stay in one of our Jacuzzi suites! They are definitely spacious and cozy. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we sincerley apologize for the temperature in the guest hot tub. We did have to replace the heating element. We do hope you try us again next time you come to Astoria Oregon!

Winterville, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Astoria is a beautiful town on the water, old fishing town, this hotel is right on the water and views of the piers and river, walking riverfront path can take you to the town area 2 miles away, but there is the old cannery and the Rogue House for dining close to the hotel, and although I didn't use the services, I noticed rental of Kayaks.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Julie P
Colleen C, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Astoria, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Julie P,

Thank you for choosing to stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Astoria Oregon. We hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards,
St. Paul MN, United States
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We stayed here for two nights recently. The hotel is clean, quiet and comfortable. Colleen at the front desk was cordial, helpful, professional, and always had a smile. Yes, the seals (sea lions?) do bark all night, but you can barely hear them. And the view of the river and the sunset is amazing.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michele P
Dear Michele P,

It was a pleasure meeting you too! Thank you so much for your kind words. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay. You are invited to come back any time! Thanks again for staying with us and for taking the time to write a great review!

Dallas
Reviewed 17 October 2013

It was a great stay. The room was comfortable and spacious. We could hear the sea lions from the room which we enjoyed. The staff was helpful and the morning breakfast was great. The breakfast room was also spacious with plenty of room to sit. I would say my only negative was I didn't have more time to enjoy the amenities!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

2 Thank Jaime B
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This Hampton Inn and Suites is only a few months old, and located on the river east of downtown. It features an upscale feeling and design, and has four floors, two elevators.

The check-in experience was good, although we were not recognized as Priority Club members, nor were we offered any "goodies" as is the norm at this chain.

We had reserved online a river view suite, but in fact most of the view is the RV park next door with a slight view of the river. If you REALLY want a river view, get a room with a balcony as these do face the river. The extra money we had to pay for the "river view" was not worth it, and we were disappointed, and felt misled by the hotel.

However, it was a lovely suite, large, and nicely furnished.

Breakfast was less than we expect from "the Hampton standard breakfast". Service from the young, newly hired girl was good and friendly. Freshly made waffles were hard and inedible. The coffee was bitter; we tried to soften the edges with various sugars and creams, but had to pour it out.

This property is probably one of the best in Astoria. We would stay here during our next trip to the area.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RoadTripAmericans
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 14 October 2013

...and the sounds of sea lions. But, if you keep your balcony door closed, it is quite a quiet place! The rooms are large and very clean and the beds are cozy. The front desk staff went out of their way to accommodate us. Breakfast is large - with hot and cold items. If you have to leave before the breakfast at 6AM, they will provide a sack breakfast Mon-Fri at the front desk.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends