Hampton Inn & Suites Astoria
Hotel Elliott(Astoria)
Columbia Inn(Astoria)
Atomic Motel(Astoria)
View Hotel
All reviewssea lionsrogue brewerythe rivercoffee girlbalcony roomtrolley stopbrew pubgreat viewvery nice hotelwalking pathhotel is locatedpool and hot tubgreat place to staycomplimentary breakfastwater viewcoffee shopthe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Located at the eastern edge of Astoria, the hotel is in a quiet and beautiful location. The building is well laid out and everything is fresh and clean. What keeps me from giving this hotel the highest rating are: the noisy in-room air conditioner/heater units (who ever thought that they are a good idea) and the paper plates and cups at the breakfast room (let's reduce some waste).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Colleen C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Fabian W,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for your kind compliments. The paper plates and cups are as per a Hilton standard; however, I am passing this message along to my management team. Thank you for choosing to stay with here at the Hampton Inn & Suites in beautiful historic Astoria Oregon!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We usually stay in Hilton family hotels. This hotel is better than most Hamptons Inns in which we have stayed. Newer building. Beautiful views across the Columbia River. Breakfast is better than most. Quiet, good location.

Room Tip: Ask for river view.

Dear MargaretB1956,

Thank you for staying loyal to Hilton! Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

After driving through town, we were a little worried about what we'd find. But this hotel is very new and clean. The staff is friendly. I only wished we had gotten a room facing the river rather than the parking lot. The hotel is located a little ways from town, but if you're a jogger, the river walk is right outside the door and you can head into town. There is a lovely little pier with the Bumble Bee Cannery as well as a coffee shop and Rogue Brewery restaurant. Also, the Goonies house is less than a 10 minute walk across the street! Hope to be back in the near future.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the river. Pay the extra $$!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jennifer M,

We want to thank you for taking the time to write your review! I am happy to know that you found us and found us to be new and clean. Our staff thanks you for the kind compliments! Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Outstanding location on the Oregon Coast and one of the best vacations we’ve had in years! Special thanks to Colleen Casper (Director of Sales) and her staff for a job well done. I’m a Hilton Diamond member with over 600 stays at Hilton properties in the last 7 years. I recognize an outstanding hotel and organization when I see it!

The view of the Columbia River and ocean is wonderful. Walking distance to the pier for great coffee and restaurants. 30 minute drive to Long beach, Cannon Beach, or Seaside.

Staying at this location is a guaranteed wonderful vacation!

Nice job Colleen! You made our week!

Mark

Room Tip: Pay the extra $$$ for the the view of the water
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Colleen C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Mark,
I would like to simply say thank you very much for taking the time to write such an amazing review and for being a Hilton Honors Diamond member! Your generous compliments and loyalty are sincerely appreciated by both the staff and I here at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Astoria, Oregon. I absolutely adored meeting you and your wife. Thank you for taking the time to come to the desk and introducing yourselves and letting me know how your stay was going. It was my pleasure indeed to have you two stay here with us! I am more than thrilled that we were able to make your stay a memorable one! I invite you to come back anytime! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and take care!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Our experience is in marked contrast to the majority of comments here. Stayed with my family for one night in July 2014, on the return trip from a wonderful stay on the Oregon Coast. Hotel is new and waterfront but about 2 miles away from City Centre, in an ugly industrial area devoid of any charm. Hotel itself is sterile. Tripadvisor readers may get the wrong impression that rooms here are large. We were assigned a room so small that not even a sofa fit in; about half the rooms appear to be of this closet size, which is unacceptable at USD 219 for a non-view room. Free breakfast was sub-par, can definitely be had much better elsewhere.

Booked room for my family of 5 (3 kids) online; at check-in my request for a rollaway bed was not met, and the check in agent informed me the room had no sofa bed (see above). It was late and I slept on the floor. Manager was unavailable the next morning, and despite my explicit request I was not contacted by management. I contacted corporate Hilton who immediately offered to refund the money I paid.

Avoid, there are much better alternatives (did I say HIE?) much closer to downtown.

4  Thank 197chris
Colleen C, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear 197 Chris,

Thank you for your review. I apologize that you were not happy with the size of your room and that your request for a rollaway bed was not granted. We have different room types and sizes. I wish you would have chosen to reserve a bigger room to accommodate your needs. As you know Rollaway beds request are on first come first serve basis and unfortunately all the rollaway beds were in use. We strive to make sure all of our guests are comfortable. Once again, I apologize for your experience during this stay at our hotel.

Kind Regards