This was a great place to stay. We were originally put in a nice room with a view of the parking lot and street. I called the front desk and asked to be moved, and for an additional charge got a room on the other side of the building, looking over the Columbia River and bridge to Washington. The view was 180-degrees, and we could see the jetties and mouth of the river.
The room had a gas fireplace (that didn’t stay on long, only about 30 minutes at a time), flat screen TV with DVD player and lots of cable channels. The bed was comfortable, with a light-weight comforter in a duvet cover. The bathroom was clean and decent-sized, with granite counter. There was a nook with a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and another granite counter.
The complimentary breakfast was pretty good: scrambled eggs (salty), bacon, biscuits and gravy, bagels/muffins/bread to toast, jellies, cream cheese, couple kinds of juice, small yogurts, and bananas. It was served in a large room on the ground floor, with a wall of windows overlooking the river. There were quite a few tables.
The lobby is staffed 24-hrs, and has two fireplaces and seating areas. I noticed four cruiser-style bikes outside (not sure if they were for rent or free for guests to use). Free, easy wireless, fast and with a good signal. Slow elevator in the center of the building, and stairs at each end. Our room was quiet; we were on the 4th floor so there was no one above us. There was a small indoor pool and hot tub, laundry room (coin-op), game room with arcade games, small fitness room with 3 or 4 pieces of equipment.
The hotel is walking distance to a few restaurants, and a longer walk or short drive to lots of others on waterfront and also downtown Astoria. It is right on the trolley line, so when that is running (summer only?) it would be easy to get to all the waterfront restaurants and then walk a couple blocks up to the downtown area. There were lots of families staying there, and some of the rooms allow pets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all non smoking Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Astoria is set on the banks of the Mighty Columbia River, offering spectacular, unobstructed views, and comfortable accommodations. Hotel features include, free Hi-Speed Wireless Internet, free local phone calls, and Complimentary Hot Express Start Breakfast, We have also created the world's best tasting cinnamon roll. Visit Astoria Oregon, the oldest American settlement west of the Rocky Mountains, and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Astoria. . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express and Suites Astoria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Astoria Hotel Astoria
- Holiday Inn Express Astoria
- Holiday Inn Astoria