Holiday Inn Express and Suites Astoria
US$134
Hampton.com
US$125
Hotels.com
Astoria Rivershore Motel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
US$78
Commodore Hotel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$80
  • Restaurant
Astoria Crest Motel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
US$89
Travelocity
Norblad Hotel And Hostel(Astoria)(Great Value!)
US$76
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe riverhi expressgreat viewcinnamon rollsa river view roomgas fireplacebiscuits and gravytrolley runsyogurtking suiteroom was largeindoor poolvery nice hotelbig shipsmorning breakfastfree breakfastfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Booked about 2 weeks in advance and got a room over the July 4th weekend. Because we were traveling with a baby, we booked one of the suites (only $10 more than the standard river-facing room when I booked). So the hotel is right on the shore of the river, near the 101 bridge. Free parking lot in front of the hotel with plenty of space. By the time we arrived the hotel was fully booked, but it never felt crowded or noisy except at the breakfast bar.

The suites are located on the west side of the hotel, so you get one window looking out over the river, and one window which looks west towards some parking lots. The suite was a bit odd in the sense that it's just one open area. I mean, there are two "bedrooms", but there's no wall between them. It's basically a room, a short hallway with the bathroom to one side, and another room. Not a big deal but a bit odd. A small kitchenette with fridge, microwave, sink, and lots of shelf space. The larger bedroom with the river view had a small sofa, coffee table, fireplace, and computer desk. A nice place to sit and relax and look out over the river.

Otherwise, nice indoor pool area, video game room, laundry. Free internet worked just fine. Bed was soft but slept nicely. The breakfast was typical cattle call type ordeal, but nothing unusual. Staff were friendly and helpful. I'd definitely stay again and plan to on my next trip to the Oregon Coast (which will hopefully be soon, since we really enjoyed it). Only gripe is a bit expensive, but that might be because of my late booking.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Booking a room at a Holiday Inn Express, we knew exactly what we'd get - and that it would be just fine. Actually, on this occasion, it was better, even though the hotel was full on the night we stayed there. Clean and fresh, as expected, our room was well maintained and comfortable. It was also enormous, furnished with a bed and a sofa, with coffee table and desk and a superb view of The Bridge just outside the window. One small niggle - children running up and down the corridor outside our room on the way to and from the swimming pool were a minor irritation during the evening.

Breakfast was excellent - a wide variety of help-yourself items with a pancake machine and hot cinnamon buns, as well as a plentiful supply of hot food and fruit.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank elegantraveller
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights on a roadtrip back to California. Good location, clean rooms, and a big plus because it's pet friendly. There is a large grassy area overlooking the water that served as a nice dog park. Rooms were quiet and the dining area was nice. Only complaint was that our room had a bad mildew odor and we figured out that it was the shower curtain. Called housekeeping and the problem was fixed the next day. We were there during the off season so I'm sure that it had been awhile since someone else had been in that room. Just a standard holiday inn...good for passing through town.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2011

When our school field trip coordinator booked this hotel I was a bit worried. It is directlu under the Astoria Bridge and I was sure I wouldn't be able to sleep because of the noise. There were also over 40 families going on this trip and 40 families mean at least...the very least...80 screaming kids!
But I was astounded when I got there, the rooms were huge a roomy and the view of the bridge was amazing!
Best thing of all was the quiet, you could not hear the cars at night at all. Yes, an occasional semi might go rumbing past, but I did not notice at all.
I hafe severe hip bursitis and I was a bit leery of the beds once they told me that they had no pillow top matresses, but I slept wonderfully on very well supporting beds.
They didn't bleach ther sheets to death either, they just smelled fresh and clean.
The maid did wonderful jobs too, the room was perfectly clean in every way the whole trip. In room WIFI was fast and very easy to use!
During the day you could sit and watch all the large boats moving up and down the Columbia River - facinating!
Outside the hotel there is a little river bank play area that has a sandy bottom that is perfect for little kids to splash in.

The river walk that runs along the river was very nice to walk any time, very pretty and serene. As for safety, it was a little iffy at time with various interesting looking people wandering the riverfront, but as long as you are not alone, and it's not night, you'll be quite safe.

Front desk staff were very friendly and the pool was fun for the kids too. They also close the pool to under 18 at 10pm so adults can relax alone until the pool closes for good at 11pm.

The only thing I can think os that was bad was the free breakfast. plenty of food, but it wasn't very good. It tasted like it was all out of a box. I've had plenty of free breakfasts at hotel chains and this is easily the worst. I stayed at Holiday Inn at Walla Walla about 5 yrs ago that had very fresh tasting food, so I know they can do better.

All in all I would stay there again any time at all!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2011

We were informed of a serious bicycle accident with a grown child and had to return home. The front desk staff was very understanding. As we had not checked in yet, they waived the 24 hour cancellation notice requirement. We are very grateful.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends