“Wonderful Property, Great Location”

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Astoria
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Astoria
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Stumbled on this after hiking all day at Rainier. Got in late but were given a great room on the water side of the hotel. Fireplace and hot tub in our room. The hotel is new and clean. Other than slow internet, it was perfect. Wish we had stayed here two nights instead of venturing down to Cannon Beach.

Room Tip: Water Side has a great view
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 August 2012

The hotel seems fairly new. The price is a little high but I was just staying for one evening. Clean fresh rooms. Breakfast room could use more tables and chairs and more breakfast items. The hotel was full so the breakfast room was packed and no where to sit. Probably would not use this hotel again if in the area unless it was the cheapest.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Astoria, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2012

Dear snf8track,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am pleased you liked our room accommodations. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations as well as competitive rates to the area. Please accept my sincerest apology for the breakfast room issues you experienced. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as this is our best resource of improving guest services.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 29 August 2012

I'm going to disagree with a lot of the reviewers. It's true that this is a very nice hotel...lots of amenities and very clean. The problem I have is that my room is too large. That's right. I'm sure most people would love all of the room, but for me it's too much. I had a king suite, and while I love everything there is, the one thing I hate...absolutely hate...is that the bed is in its own little spot near the door. The huge window with the spectacular view is on the other side of the wall where it can't be seen from the bed.

I'm someone who, when in a hotel, likes to lay in bed and watch TV, use my laptop, read, snack, etc. Here, it made me feel like a prisoner because it's so cramped and dark. I know, it's meant for sleep. And it's true that the little living area by the window has a lot....another TV, a desk, the fireplace, a couch. I could sit in there and do everything I want to do, but I am never comfortable on hotel furniture because...well...I'm sure other people have been "comfortable" on it as well.

That's the only complaint. All of my stuff is too far away and I can't look out the window from the bed. :-( Everything else is great, just like all of the reviewers said. But honestly, I have spent the past three nights in a run of the mill motel on the beach farther south for half the price and I LOVED it. Can't say the same for this one, and I am a big HIE fan.

Room Tip: Don't get a suite if you plan on seeing the great view from the bed. But do get a room with a ri...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2012

I couldn't believe the size of the room we received when we checked in. We did redeem our Priority points for this stay, but I think everyone is valued here. Our spacious room faced the front with a great view of the bridge. Refrigerators and microwaves were available, and the location couldn't be better. Your right on the river walk, where you can walk easily to town or just enjoy the river. Breakfast was well prepared and ample, again with the lovely view. Nice pool and hot tub too. No question this will be where we check in when we come back to the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank newjerseyfamily
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We usually stay just a couple of blocks away at the Cannery Pier Hotel. The price at this hotel was about $100
per night less so we decided to give it a try. Much to our surprise, it was a great place to stay. We will probably
stay here from now on!

Be sure to book a riverfront room. It costs a little more but, the first time you see a huge ocean ship going
right by your window, you will be glad you did!

The room was large and clean with a fireplace. The morning complimentary breakfast was very good.

There are lots a things to do and see in Astoria. Be sure to visit the Maritime Museum.

Room Tip: B sure to book the RIVERFRONT room to get the best view of ships passing right by your window.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank garyamc
Reviewed 23 August 2012 via mobile

For some reason I expected a very simple, small mediocre hotel room at best and was pleasantly surprised at the size of the rooms, granute bathroom counter tops,the buffet breakfast, smart phone alarm clock adaptions. I came on business, but I will come back to this hotel for fun with the family.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Our one night stay was a good experience. we had booked and received a room with a firplace. unfortunately, the fireplace did not work. we called the front desk and the gentleman inspected it and said the element was broken. they adjusted the bill accordingly. we walked the small boardwalk and enjoyed all the people and their dogs, especially the ones digging big holes in the sand. we would stay here again.

Room Tip: try for a room over looking the river.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple