“Great pizza! Very different from your typical chain-pizza!”
Review of Sahara Pizza

Sahara Pizza
Ranked #36 of 107 Restaurants in Astoria
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Staying in Astoria for 3 nights. Our first night here (6/21/18) we decided we just wanted to stay in the hotel room and have pizza delivered. I placed the order over the phone (this location doesn't do internet ordering) - was told it would be about 45 to 50 minutes. It was actually delivered in under 30 minutes.

I had a small Jungle Veggie pizza - and no I'm not a vegetarian - (Creamy alfredo sauce, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, black olives, zucchini, roma tomatoes, marinated artichoke hearts, black pepper). One of the best tasting pizza's I've had. I don't like pizza if it's got too much sodium in the sauce - this was just right! Lots of veggies that gave the pizza a wonderful flavor combination. The crust was baked just the way I like it too - baked well, but not OVER cooked (lightly browned, no 'char'). Edge crust was crunchy on the outside, nice and soft on the inside.

My wife had a small Carribean Crunch pizza (sun-dried tomato pesto sauce, dijon chicken, sliced almonds, mango, feta cheese, fresh garlic). She loved it. I'm not a fan of fruit on pizza, so the mango flavor next to dijon chicken tasted odd to me. But again, she loved it!

We also had an order of their "Garlic Twisty Bread" - very buttery, with basil and parmesean cheese. Baked just right - almost like soft pretzel twists. 8 twisty sticks in an order. The pan it was delivered in had a significant amount of melted butter with basil flowing around the bottom of the pan. Break open a stick, let the soft interior soak up some butter - VERY tasty!

All the way around, textures and flavor combinations were wonderful. Will definately order from Sahara Pizza next time we're in Astoria.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Popped in with my son and we demolished a fantastic 14” pizza. Absolutely delicious. Staff were pleasant and efficient. Nice fun decor.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Friendly staff. Pizza is great. Love the choices on the salad bar. We were directed by the motel we stayed in and were very pleased.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

We were visiting Astoria from Iowa and wanted to try a local/regional Pizza chain.

Sahara is a relatively small chain mostly in Oregon and Washington.

We had a large sausage and a large veggie lovers for a total of $36,both were very good, with very good toppings and a tasty crust.

They have brochures in the store with a hand full of coupons in them (e.g. 2-14 inch, two topping for $26.99)

A great place to take your take out pizza to is Fort Stevens Park where you can eat it along the beautiful coast. Also, stop by the museum/gift shop on the historic side of the park (entrance in Hammond) and take a ticketed tour in the back of the army truck known as "the beast".

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

We had driven most of the Oregon coast that day and it was “National Pizza Day” so we wanted great pizza for dinner. We asked several locals and they all said “go to Sahara”.
We were not disappointed!!! The salad was fresh, the garlic sticks were fantastic, and the pizza was one of the best we’ve had! We took all the leftovers back to the hotel and had them for lunch the next day!!!
Great pizza place!!! We will go back next time we are in Oregon.