“Great idea for you gluten free diners!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Baked Alaska

Baked Alaska
Ranked #17 of 98 Restaurants in Astoria
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, View, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Baked Alaska Restaurant, Lounge and Pizzeria is a dining destination while visiting Astoria, OR. Our Main Dining Room features sweeping views of the Columbia River, our Lounge offers 10 taps with specialty craft beers, plus an extensive wine list featuring Oregon and Washington wines. We also hand crafted cocktails using Oregon distilled spirits. If you are looking for a fun family atmosphere, look no further than the Baked Pizzeria featuring Artisan style pizza right from our 800 degree brick oven. We also have a private waterfront dining room which can seat up to 30 guests, or have your special event catered off site with our custom catering services. Baked Alaska, the only thing we overlook is the Columbia River!
Topanga
“Great idea for you gluten free diners!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We wanted a delicious seafood meal in this beautiful town. Baked Alaska was highly recommended. I was pleasantly surprised that they had so many gluten free options in addition to the normal menu. We went at 630 right before sunset and you could see the gorgeous view from our seats. The atmosphere is casual but well kept and romantic. We were very please. Definitely a must when visiting Astoria!

Lynnwood, Washington
“Great view and great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

My husband and I spent a quiet, long weekend in Astoria, Oregon. I was very surprised at the number of decent restaurants we experienced for such a small town. Baked Alaska was no exception.

The story about how the restaurant got its start along with the fact that they strive to use local and natural foods is what led me to this place, and the reason I will go back is the food itself and view.

We ordered some oysters to start. Just a half dozen. They brought us 10 with the explanation of "The chef was disappointed in the size, but assures that the taste is great. He wanted you to have the equivalent of 6". We wouldn't have known the difference and I really appreciated the gesture.

We decided on the tasting menu which I highly recommend. This is a great way to sample several dishes, and I also think the chef is able to have a little fun with it. At least that is what I felt when my plates arrived. Every dish was superb.

The only thing that would have been different if this were my restaurant is that I would have the chef introduce the first plate as an added bonus to people who spend the money to do the tasting menu. Especially when it is a slow night like it was during our experience.

Vancouver, Canada
“Great for happy hour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We enjoyed great happy hour food and drink specials on a sunny Saturday. The atmosphere was warm and friendly, lots of families with kids, too. Food was tasty, and great beer selection.

Visited August 2013
Humble, Texas
“Not my favorite...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Fare was too sophisticated for us, but I did like my scallops. Would not return if we were in Astoria

Visited October 2013
Ilwaco, Washington
“Not worth the prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

My boyfriend and I went here for a lunch date and wound up paying $50 for 2 meals and an appetizer. We figured the food would be amazing based on the cost but it definitely wasn't worth the prices. Everything was just okay, nothing memorable that we ordered and I wouldn't go back.

Our sweet potato fries were okay--a little burnt black in some areas. My boyfriends chicken was just barely cooked and his whole plate of food was soggy from the hunks of lettuce (which were mushy instead of crisp/crunchy). My wild salmon had a nice flavor though, and the view was pretty good. All in all it was just okay and kinda pricey.