“Local Flavor in Astoria”

Silver Salmon Grille
Ranked #4 of 98 Restaurants in Astoria
Price range: US$6 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Granger, Indiana
“Local Flavor in Astoria”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Silver Salmon Grille was recommended to us for dinner and we were glad that we followed the recommendation. The location is right in downtown Astoria, an easy walk from our accommodation at Franklin Street Station B & B, and the menu presented us with many tasty choices. The salmon dishes---as the name indicates---are the house specialities and both of our choices were delicious. The server provided excellent, attentive service and took time to chat with us regarding the restaurant and local history. A nice selection of wines and beers were available to accompany our entrees. Siver Salmon Grille provided a delicious, leisurely dinner in a relaxing atmosphere to cap off a long drive up the Oregon coast. After dinner, we took a walk around downtown Astoria-----it's a throwback to the 60's with downtown Penney's and Sears stores mixed in with cool locally owned shops. A good way to walk off a delicious dinner!

• Visited June 2014

Westminster, Maryland
“NIce Evening”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This restaurant has a nice menu and salmon several ways. The food was reasonably priced and the waitstaff served us well. While there is nothing here that was outstanding, it was a bit above other dining experiences in Astoria for us.

Visited July 2014
Santa Cruz, California
“decent meal, but nothing spectacular”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband really enjoyed his oysters, but overall the meal was nothing spectacular. My food was decent, but not great. The greens in my salad were a bit wilted as if the salad had been prepared too much in advance. The house made vinaigrette was quite nice, though. The host (owner) was very friendly and attentive (seemed like a really nice guy). However, the waitress was a bit snippy and impatient. I don't think she really wanted to be waiting tables. The place felt like an old establishment that was trading on its reputation, but not quite living up to it. If I'm ever in Astoria again, I might consider eating there again, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank DeDeM68
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Great clam chowder”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I went here for lunch on the bar side of the restaurant. I had the half turkey sandwich and soup and I substituted Clam Chowder for the soup. I have never had Clam Chowder before, so what better place to try it than in a restaurant in Astoria that sells award-winning Clam Chowder. I tried it and it was excellent. I've subsequently had a few more bowls of Clam Chowder in different places, but none better than this one. My turkey sandwich was good too. I would definitely recommend it.

• Visited July 2014
Coventry, England
“Great food, love the crayons!!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We just ate here and the fish was fabulous - I had the salmon & crab special, hubby had fish (halibut) & chips. You can also draw on the table cloths :-) great fun was had.
All staff were friendly and professional and even the music was good - great place for a meal.