We stayed at the Cannery Pier Hotel June 26 - 28 during our PNW vacation. We found this hotel to be delightful and fun. Following is our balanced review of our stay:
- Check-in: We arrived before check-in time and had to wait about 10 minutes for our room. Not a big deal at all. We were originally offered a ground floor room (immediately available) but decided to wait for a higher level room so that we could get a nice view of the river. We were given a 4th floor room which had an amazing view of the bridge and the river (all rooms have a good view...it was nice being higher up - personal preference).
- Room: The room is very spacious! The bathroom is palatial. It has a wrap around counter, a claw tub, separate shower stall, and separate room for the toilet. There is a window on the wall by the tub to the bedroom so that you can soak in the tub and enjoy the view of the river. There are shutters on the window if you want privacy. The king sized bed is very comfortable and there is a couch, coffee table, fireplace, table with chairs for two, a patio, and a window seat. There is free wifi in each room as well. There is also a coffee maker, refrigerator, and another sink in the bedroom. I have two negatives about the room: the carpeting is stained and worn in several places and there is no air conditioning in the rooms so it got a bit warm at times. There is a fan to bring in cool air from the river built into the window seat. The room was very clean but could use an update with the carpeting.
- Location: The hotel is in a fabulous location! You have free parking at the hotel, which is also on the pier. The hotel is about a 20-30 minute walk into town along the waterfront trail. This train is directly in front of the hotel and a lovely and safe walk during the day and night. There is also a trolly car that runs this route until 7 pm at night for those that don't want to walk. The hotel also offers free bikes and antique car service into town. We didn't take advantage of either of these but many people did.
- Breakfast: The hotel offers complimentary breakfast until 10 am. The food was lovely - local pasteries, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereals, bagels, juices, and coffees. There is also a wine happy hour that we never made it back in time to enjoy.
This hotel is a gem. We got to enjoy an amazing sunset, wake up to dense fog on the river, and watch the many ships come in and leave the port (the hotel provides a schedule of ships!). You can hear them coming and going at night...but it didn't bother me at all. We would definitely stay here again and recommend this place as a good base to explore the northern OR coast (Seaside, Cannon Beach, Tillamook).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Cannery Pier Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cannery Pier Astoria
- Hotel Cannery Pier