“Unique and fun experience enhanced by incredible cocktails”
Review of Albatross & Co.

Albatross & Co.
Ranked #50 of 106 Restaurants in Astoria
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were led to this place by a local at the Wet Dog Cafe and we were sure glad we asked! This place caught my eye on our way down to the WD Cafe but we were on a mission so I just glanced in at that time. We were immediately greeted by the owner who talked about the pre-prohibition drinks they offer. We told him what kinds of things we like and he recommended two. My husband and I enjoyed both drinks but as luck would have it, he enjoyed one more and I enjoyed the other more. After this the owner made us cocktails to compliment our tastebuds as well as our food (which was also unique and delicious) and those drinks were equally incredible! We will be heading back tonight FOR SURE!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

What a great surprise! Was told to check this place out by a local. After doing some research I found out that it is owner by a well know chef. We had a burger and fries and some great cocktails. We felt like we could have been in a much bigger city while inside but the greatest part was that we weren't. Definitely will be returning.

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Beers are great (try the Old German), food...even better. I've eaten here multiple times and have always been satisfied. The dipping sauce woth the fries, although simple will leave you wanting more. I dream about the curry ketchup! The aim here is to keep the food as local as possible and they've succeeded. Another favorite is the albacore sandwich, along with the soft boiled egg sandwich. Deeeelish. Thanks, Albatross!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

The Albatross is a welcome addition to the sleepy restaurant scene in Astoria, ORE with a striving cocktail selection, thoughtful menu and enticing atmosphere. I do have to say it's a bit overpriced and my salad + sandwich left me feeling a little covered in grease. I'm sure they will work out the kinks as they go. Hope to try again on next trip.

1  Thank S L
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Fine dining, albeit on small scale comes to Astoria in Eric Bechard's little bar and sandwich mecca on 14th Street, just south of Marine Drive. Bechard, formerly of Northeast Portland's Alberta Street Oyster House and McMinnville's Thistle, exercises focused creativity in his lineup of small plates.

The Captain's Daughter, albacore, boquerones, hot peppers, green olives, lightly dressed on a fresh and crunchy roll, was fabulous. The 'wedge style salad', a perfect complement. Ditto for the crispy fries, accompanied by the daily selection of 'dipping sauces'.

Great bar, stocked with premium spirits (including a great selection of amari), featuring a lineup of house specials based on pre-prohibition cocktails. The beer selection is nothing short of astounding, well balanced and food friendly, including many very rare varieties. Service was impeccable, with Bechard tending bar and attending to both the table and bar customers.

Decor is spare but welcoming, evoking a speakeasy intimacy, and echoing the simplicity and straightforwardness of the food.