“Great place to eat”

T Paul's Urban Cafe
Ranked #9 of 98 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: American, Cafe, International, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hillsboro, Oregon
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

What a neat place. It had a homey, friendly environment. While we were here, they had a live banjo band. Folks were singing along. We had a BBQ quesadilla and a bay shrimp quesadilla. Both were tasty and reasonably priced. We had the cobbler for dessert but it was 'okay'. I prefer and crunchy crumble topping and this was more cakey. The waitress we had was exceptional. One of the best I have ever had. She was the just right amount of attentive and had the kind of attention to detail you rarely experience from a waitress. For example, she noticed that my drink was low on ice and asked if I would like more. I would definitely be returning here again.

• Visited June 2014

Astoria, Oregon
“We've never had a bad meal here.”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The food is innovative and very tasty, the staff is wonderful and the place itself is pretty durn cute. Eat here. We have never been disappointed, and have eaten here a LOT in the past almost 10 years we've lived in Astoria.

• Visited April 2014
Cowichan Valley, B.C.
“Lot's of people will love this place”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The menu is reasonably wide-ranging, the preparation is relatively predictable, the portions are huge, the facilities are very clean, the service is small-town familiar, so why only 2 stars? For precisely those reasons. My wife and I had visited this establishment when it went by a different name - quite devoted to fish, slightly up-scale, mature, thoughtful and I've been back twice in recent years with other family members - once, not having noticed the change and once more to give it a "second" chance. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it and I imagine most people will rate it highly for that very reason but so many places in the States have settled for not offending anyone that they aren't really memorable - I find that I want "special" and "imaginative" so this restaurant (and others like it) will get marked down for that. I imagine that "survival" is on the restauranteur's mind - fair enough - but a place like Astoria with the tourism and traffic as it seems, should be able to have more "special" places and not merely that which appeals to the greatest number.

• Visited July 2013
Astoria, Oregon
“a favorite for many years”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Its where we go when we want a nice, affordable lunch, always just a little different. A great place to take visiting friends, with a varied menu.
Unpretentious, personable owners and wait staff.

• Visited February 2014
Astoria, Oregon, Usa
“good food”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

they have some of the best food around. would go again The chefs know what they are doing and the staff is very friendly and professional

• Visited February 2014