“We were surprised!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Fulio's Pastaria

Fulio's Pastaria
Ranked #20 of 98 Restaurants in Astoria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Victoria, Canada
“We were surprised!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We went to this restaurant half starved and were very impressed with the ambiance and the friendliness of the staff and the owner. The prices seemed decent...I hesitated to submit this but it was our experience. The bread and balsmaic vinegar/olive oil were great. My partner had a salad which she really enjoyed.. I ordered an Alfredo pasta dish and this is where our meal went south. It was tasteless with the consistency of soup. She also ordered a side of the same pasta and had the same experience. We did not complain because everyone was so nice and the service was good and that was our fault. Would we ever go back after that meal...no!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Rdrambuie

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service, completely uninspiring food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Not impressed with the food at all. I feel like I could have done better at home with a jar of Ragu....and it wouldn't have cost me $15. The service was great and I like the look of the resturant.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Lizzymomma33
Astoria, Oregon
“Stopped in for a late lunch....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

...and it was a good thing that we got in the door early because the room filled up very fast. We had the same waiter as a couple of years ago and he's so fun. Ordered the bruschetta-like appetizer...mmmmmmmmmmmm....I could make a meal of it. He brought bread and dipping sauce also, nice touch. Two glasses of wine and then 2 orders of the Filet Mignon (on special for twelve bucks) OMG, fork tender, a wee bit underdone for me but it was so delicious I ate it anyway. Great potatoes, horrible veggie side dish that I can't even remember but the overall quality of the meal made it not matter. Spumoni for dessert and it was HappyMouth time!!!!

Next time I will stress the WELL side of Medium Well....but we will be back it was so good.

I wanted to address the musty smells that a lot of reviewers had (correctly) reported, this is a very old town, the buildings are very old and we are on the coast right next to one of the biggest rivers in the world. It's wet here A LOT...rains, snow, you name it. It's almost impossible to not have some sort of odor in a town like this, in the older buildings.

• Visited April 2014
Portland, Oregon
“an ordinary experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The decor of the place was trying to be Italian "wordly" however didn't quite succeed - Astoria has some way to go.
The food was very average - the pasta non-descript and overcooked. The salad was supposed to be a seared salad but instead was burnt and the ends were not cut-off.....I wouldn't really go back to that place if it wouldn't be for the friendly and attentive service staff who make up for some of the shortcomings of the average menu offerings.
Sorry

Visited June 2014
Newport, OR
“A Bit Of A Disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

As we don't have an Italian restaurant in our hometown we always look for one when we travel. After reading the reviews here we decided to try Fulio's. I made a reservation using their website. When we arrived the hostess said we didn't have one and if we had used their site she would have it. Wish I had brought their acknowledgement with me. It should be noted they were packed we arrived. The manager at this point stepped in and offered us a table in their lounge which is really just a small room open to main dining room and is actually a nice area to eat in as its much quieter than the main dining room. After we were seated we waited quite awhile until our waiter appeared. It looked like they were short staffed as all the staff were running here and there. The food on the whole was typical of what you would find in any Italian restaurant. The exception was my seared caesar salad which was burnt and singed around the edges. Like eating burnt leaves. Our waiter at the of the meal knowing we were disappointed did offer us each a free dessert which we accepted. Nice bit of customer service at the end. The wine list was small but reasonably priced.

• Visited June 2014