“Good experience”

Wet Dog Cafe & Brewery
Ranked #6 of 98 Restaurants in Astoria
Price range: US$3 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Soups, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, View, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Lunch and Dinner Children's Menu Brewery on site Casual family dining on the waterfront Large Parties & Events with pre-arrangements
Portland, Oregon
“Good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We're here on May 2nd. The cod fish and chips were very good as they were lightly breaded. Brother in law had the salmon wrap and he said it was the best he has ever had. The view and the service was excellent and will definitely be back here again when we visit Astoria.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Stammre

“Celiac and allergy friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Knowledgeable staff and server was even willing to check a product on line to make sure it was gluten free. Very accommodating!!!

• Visited May 2014
Hillsboro, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seafood Chowder Bowl "to die for"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Just spent the weekend in Astoria at the Crabfest. The shuttle driver recommended we have dinner at Wet Dog Cafe. Lucky me!!!!!! The view is breathtaking, the service top rate and the food was amazing. I'm looking forward to my next trip to the coast so I can eat there again.....

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Vicki B
Salem
“Get the chowder!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Clam chowder here is enough to bring me back. The cod fish and chips were good, but the batter could have been crisper and they were a bit greasy; maybe the oil wasn't at a high enough temp. Service was great and overall it was a nice meal.

Visited April 2014
Vancouver, Washington
“Just Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I was looking forward to going to the Wet Dog for a month when I knew I'd be coming to Astoria. I'd checked out their website and it looked like a great place to eat and have a few craft beers. It was okay; not bad but not amazing either. I liked the variety of beers, having the five beer sampler, which I did enjoy. The service was a bit on the slow side. I'm not blaming our server, who was friendly and did her best, but she was working the whole room by herself. I had a burger and fries. The burger had no taste to it whatsoever. I don't know if it was low on the fat side or it was the method it was cooked but even salt could not add flavor. I will say the clam chowder was terrific, which leads me to believe the next time I try this place, that seafood is the way to go. The atmosphere was great and they have a neat little gift shop. I don't base my opinion of a restaurant on one trip, so I'll give it another shot, but at this point if you want to go to a brew pub in Astoria, I think Fort George is the better option.

• Visited April 2014