“Not baaa-aaaadd”

Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Gig Harbor, Wa
“Not baaa-aaaadd”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

A great place to get your lamb fix! The location, décor and friendly staff made it a charming experience. We ordered the lamb platter for two. It came with a huge chuck of lamb, some veggies and lots of fruit. Kinda surprised that there was no starch served, but still managed to feel full and sated by the end. The food was delish and the bottle of wine was excellent.. My only complaint would be I think it was a little overpriced, but the portions are big so maybe that accounts for it.

Visited May 2014

Vancouver, Washington
“Roasted Lamb; oh my!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This was one of the best roasted lamb dishes I have ever had (and I had my good share of lamb). The host was very knowledgeable and hospitable. We found the place by a complete coincident but I wouldn't think twice of going there again the moment I visit Astoria again.

The Bosnian coffee was great; similar to Turkish coffee.

2 Thank Azzouni
Lake Oswego, OR
“Delicious Lamb”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I enjoyed a leisurely lunch here Sunday the 25th. I'm pretty sure I saw the owner/cook but she wasn't yelling when I was there, not that I would have minded. The waiter knew Bosnian wine inside out. Everything was very good, but at the risk of over-stating it: the lamb was the best I have ever had. It was simply prepared, but just plain delicious. It had to be very high quality lamb. I will return for it next year and see if I still feel the same.

Seattle, Washington
“Highly entertaining”
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

First, food was good & clearly home cooking. But the entertainment was the yelling by the cook -- for almost the entire time we were there. Some in English & some in Serbo-Croatian. The one and only wait staff did his best to calm her with almost no success. Service was very casual, affable, but inconsistent. Choice of ten or so wines by the glass, some Croatian, some Hungarian. Mine was good; his was corked which the waiter replaced. Appetizer of dried beef ended up being dried beef, beef sausage, cheese, pickled cabbage, bread and the roasted pepper sauce, typical of Bosnia. Excellent and generous. He had the stuffed cabbage --- stuffed with rice and ground beef and topped with stewed beef. A little salty, but tasty. I had the beef "pita," really phyllo wrapped around onions & ground beef. Excellent except for maybe too much black pepper. Both came with sliced fruit. We would come back again when in Astoria --- if only for the show!

Visited May 2014
Eugene, Oregon
“Best stuffed cabbage leaves ever!”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

After consulting the reviews from TripAdvisor, my wife and I decided to try Drina Daisy for lunch and were glad we did. My wife ordered the stuffed cabbage leaves with beef and I ordered the burek , beef stuffed phylo dough and we proceeded to share our lunch entrees. The cabbage leaves were stuffed with wonderfully spiced aborrio rice with tender beef pieces accompanied to the side. My complaint with stuffed cabbage leaves is that they are usually drenched in a watery tomato sauce, but this was definitely not the case. As for the burek, the phylo dough was filled with delicious beef and perfectly browned. Along with both entrées a small salad and bread with a roasted pepper spread was included. Also, there were two gentlemen that had ordered the lamb platter for 2 and that looked terrific too (that's what we are ordering from this restaurant the next time we are in Astoria). The server was very gracious in helping me select a beer from a beer menu that, since it included all breweries from eastern Europe, was foreign to me. We both thought our lunches were tasty and, for us, a wonderful escape from the ordinary. We would recommend Drina Daisy to anyone who is looking for ethnic food that is not found in every town.

1 Thank gdw993