“Everything is "to die for"!”

Blue Scorcher Bakery Cafe
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Astoria
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Brenham, Texas
“Everything is "to die for"!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I stopped in for breakfast based upon a recommendation from a barkeep at a local dinner restaurant and I was more than pleasantly surprised by their traditional and upscale offerings. I had the Breakfast Tartine (Two slices of Tartine bread perfectly toasted with goat cheese, baby leeks and blistered tomatoes) and left with more goodies for later....fresh raspberry and cream pastry, mini walnut cinnamon roll, sourdough bread, honey and bran muffin and bar of local made dark chocolate)! Stop in for the pastries and homemade bread if nothing else. This place is oh so very, very good!!!

1 Thank TexasInnkeeper

The Woodlands, Texas
“Fantastic Bakery and Artistic Coffee”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Not sure if I was more impressed with the designs in our hot drinks or the taste of the regular bakery goods. They do offer gluten free but the cookie was a bit on the undercooked side even though our daughter enjoyed having something she could eat along with us. Coffee was flavorful and the design on top was very impressive. My scone was excellent. Our dining neighbor remarked that his soup was excellent and the design on top made it look as special as its taste. Very homey look inside and very kid friendly with a fun looking kitchen for their play use. It is self service and self clean up. Will return when in the area.

• Visited August 2014
Chandler, Arizona
“Yum”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The Blue Scorcher gave me just what I was looking for when I go to Oregon - excellent vegetarian food. I ran in for a sandwich and had a great experience. I ordered the TLT - tempeh, lettuce, and tomato. The bread was delicious and the sandwich was mouth watering. I ended up leaving with granola and a ginger chocolate cookie. I think I will dream of that cookie forever.

Astoria oregon
1,080 restaurant reviews
“Cannot compare to other Astoria bakeries.”
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

This is a place airstream trailer with the funny nickels should stop. Find out how many of those funny nickels buy here. Better wait until you have a twenty dollar bill. Overpriced.
Return? No.
Recommend? No.

• Visited August 2014
Cumberland, Maryland
“Heard about this place on NPR”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The baked goods are second to none! I heard about this place on NPR on one of the cooking shows and had to try it. I can't remember having such delicious baked goods since I was in Europe. I may have to move to Astoria!

1 Thank travelera826