“Wonderful Find”

Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast
Vancouver, Washington
“Wonderful Find”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

If you want a good meal in Astoria and are tired of the brew pubs with so-so food, give this place a try. You won't be disappointed. It is very popular, for obvious reasons, so either be prepared to wait or try a not as popular time of day.

We arrived at about 2 pm and were able to get a seat immediately.

I ordered the fish tacos and was rewarded with a beautiful plate with two huge tacos, filled to the brim with goodness, and also some delicious rice with a second side of very well made beans. The seasoning on this plate was spot, from the tacos to rice and also the beans.

My husband ordered the ruben sandwich and was not disappointed by what he received. It was a nice thick looking sandwich, made with some very nice looking marble rye.

Our friend ordered the beet salad and said it was also very good. It was also visually appealing.

We ended our meal with some of their delicious coffee. I have to agree with others that it is worth going for, even if you don't plan on eating anything else.

This is now our favorite place to eat in Astoria and we will be back next time we visit.

• Visited July 2014

Astoria, Oregon
“.. a major part of the whole Astoria ambiance.. quaint, distinct foods, spirits, espresso, excellent service”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Excellent, kind and attentive service, an abundant menu selection. Excellent chefs, and the ambiance is amazing! I have eaten here several times, and its my top recommended place to dine. Outside tables are my favorite on a warm sunny day, with the best espresso on the NW Pacific Coast (not exaggerating one bit!). My personal favorite is Prime Rib on Friday. Absolutely the best Prime Rib dinner. Astoria Coffeehouse Bistro -- you will fall in love!

• Visited July 2014
Lincoln City, Oregon
“Great food and pretty good coffee”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I had lunch and then came back for coffee later in the evening and also came back for breakfast the next day. The place has a very portland feel to it. The food is great! For lunch we had the fish tacos and "mexican philly cheese steak" I had coffee with my meal and the coffee was excellent. We came back after having dinner someplace else to get coffee. The coffee was pretty standard then. For breakfast the next morning we tried the coffee again with their fruit plate and biscuits with bacon gravy (that gravy is amazing). The coffee was better that morning, but still not as good as that first cup I had. The food makes up for the inconsistent coffee though.

Visited June 2014
Portland, OR
“Real breakfast in cool place”
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We love this coffee shop/restaurant. We came here when we first started visiting Astoria 5 years ago and now visit at least once a trip. Today we ate breakfast outside. Great coffee and egg plates. Always a good size and the really fresh food biscuits with the meals are flaky and yum. We like to kick back, eat the good food, drink the coffee, read the paper and wake up in Astoria. Will always come back.

Visited July 2014
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
“Great fresh breakfast”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We scored a table with no wait mid-morning on a Sunday. There was a street fair nearby, so lots of people were in town. Large, well-cooked meal with an old-time appeal. This was my second time there, but a first for my spouse. She was impressed. The old building had a nice look to it and offered sidewalk dining too.

• Visited June 2014