“We loved it!”

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Great hand-crafted coffee, great food. I had decaf coffee, hubby had a sugar-free mocha. We ordered the Cowboy Chow and a Monte Cristo sandwich (we were there for breakfast). Big portions (ask for a to-go box, you'll need it), freshly made, great flavor.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

But the food was a little strange.The corned beef hash we ordered was nothing like hash. The meat was in huge chunks, rubbery with no melding of the other flavors. The potatoes, too, were in huge chunks, nicely browned, with yellow and red bell pepper... but I've never had cottage fries served as hash. The two eggs on top were really nicely cooked, and the biscuit was yummy, obviously baked from scratch, as advertised. The fresh-squeezed grapefruit juice was very nice. If you go, try to eat outside, as there's more ambiance on the sidewalk than inside. And avoid the hash. If you like hash, this isn't hash. If you don't like hash, maybe you could try it for something really different. My advice? Stick with eggs and biscuits!

Reviewed 19 July 2014

If you want a good meal in Astoria and are tired of the brew pubs with so-so food, give this place a try. You won't be disappointed. It is very popular, for obvious reasons, so either be prepared to wait or try a not as popular time of day.

We arrived at about 2 pm and were able to get a seat immediately.

I ordered the fish tacos and was rewarded with a beautiful plate with two huge tacos, filled to the brim with goodness, and also some delicious rice with a second side of very well made beans. The seasoning on this plate was spot, from the tacos to rice and also the beans.

My husband ordered the ruben sandwich and was not disappointed by what he received. It was a nice thick looking sandwich, made with some very nice looking marble rye.

Our friend ordered the beet salad and said it was also very good. It was also visually appealing.

We ended our meal with some of their delicious coffee. I have to agree with others that it is worth going for, even if you don't plan on eating anything else.

This is now our favorite place to eat in Astoria and we will be back next time we visit.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Excellent, kind and attentive service, an abundant menu selection. Excellent chefs, and the ambiance is amazing! I have eaten here several times, and its my top recommended place to dine. Outside tables are my favorite on a warm sunny day, with the best espresso on the NW Pacific Coast (not exaggerating one bit!). My personal favorite is Prime Rib on Friday. Absolutely the best Prime Rib dinner. Astoria Coffeehouse Bistro -- you will fall in love!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I had lunch and then came back for coffee later in the evening and also came back for breakfast the next day. The place has a very portland feel to it. The food is great! For lunch we had the fish tacos and "mexican philly cheese steak" I had coffee with my meal and the coffee was excellent. We came back after having dinner someplace else to get coffee. The coffee was pretty standard then. For breakfast the next morning we tried the coffee again with their fruit plate and biscuits with bacon gravy (that gravy is amazing). The coffee was better that morning, but still not as good as that first cup I had. The food makes up for the inconsistent coffee though.