“Great Light Eats”

Bridgewater Bistro
Ranked #2 of 104 Restaurants in Astoria
Price range: US$9 - US$39
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Industry
Transit: Local riverfront trolley stops 100 yards from restaurant entrance.
Description: Enjoy Pacific Northwest casual and fine dining in a beautifully-restored cannery boatyard on the Astoria riverfront, with full views of the impressive four-mile-long Astoria-Megler bridge and the busy Columbia River shipping channel. Eclectic menu of small plates, fish "n chips, gourmet burgers, house-made soups, salads, local seafood and fine regional meats. House-baked breads and desserts. 90% of menu available gluten-free (including desserts). Children's menu. Full view bar, regional beers on tap, 300+ wine list with regional focus (40 wines offered by the glass). Dog-friendly deck dining, weather permitting. View mezzanine level available for groups up to 55. Adjacent riverview banquet space can accommodate seating dining up to 225 with dance floor and bar. Retail wine and gift shop onsite. Open daily for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. Happy hour 4-6 pm Monday-Friday. Local live jazz Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights; Sunday brunch. Dinner reservations advise
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our party of four wasn't terribly hungry when we arrived for dinner, so we decided to try not to over-order. I selected a salad and the pork sliders, and the salad was good, but the sliders were superb! The two together were just right for a light meal and I would certainly order them again. My partner had the fish and chips. The fish was lightly breaded with panko crumbs and was easily the best ever. This restaurant has it all- wonderful food, casual and comfortable atmosphere, great staff and a view to boot.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a nice dinner at this lovely restaurant. It's location is perfect, right next door to the hotel we were staying at. We had heard good things and decided to try it for ourselves. All that we had heard from true; the meal was delicious. Our server was attentive and informative and the food was delicious. Be sure to try their soups. I had their Hungarian-Mushroom soup, while my wife enjoyed the soup of the day, which was Split Pea with Ham. I had their Cod Fish & Chips, which was the best I've ever had anywhere. The fish was oure white and breaded just perfectly. Even the fries were good. My wife enjoyed one of their vegetarian dishes, which she is still raving about. Definitely plan to eat at Bridgewater Bistro -- you'll be very glad you did!!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We ate at the Bridgewater Bistro during our stay at the Cannery Pier Hotel. The Bistro is very light and airy with a lovely setting. The meal was excellent and our server very efficient and knowledgeable. The food is well presented and the wine choice excellent. We had a most enjoyable evening.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Ate dinner here last evening. The open dining room overlooks the Columbia River, so the views are terrific. But, if you do not want sun beating on you while you eat, this is not the place for you. Food was good, not great. Cranberry salad was tasty as were the fried artichokes. The fish cakes were good, and the clams favorable. the waitress was knowledge, but we had trouble getting her when we needed something.
We probably won't return because there are too many good places to eat in the area.

WinerdinerSeattle, Owner at Bridgewater Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

We're sorry that the sunshine pouring through the windows was a problem for you. We're working with the problem (it's a good problem to have in the NW!). We do have free sunglasses for people who didn't bring theirs, we move people to different tables when possible but sometimes there just isn't anything we can do to offer shade. We are sorry that it was a problem for you.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Good spot for a romantic dinner. The side salad has shredded beets, sprouts and hazelnut, yum! The calamari appetizer was okay, but the squid were small and the batter didn't adhere well. I had the chicken florentine entree which was outstanding, with lots of wild mushrooms. My husband enjoyed the fresh wild cod fish n chips with excellent Cole Slaw on the side. Creme brulee wasn't remarkable, so I'd choose another dessert next time.

1  Thank JenGwin