“The best in town”

Bridgewater Bistro
Ranked #2 of 104 Restaurants in Astoria
Price range: US$9 - US$39
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Industry
Transit: Local riverfront trolley stops 100 yards from restaurant entrance.
Description: Enjoy Pacific Northwest casual and fine dining in a beautifully-restored cannery boatyard on the Astoria riverfront, with full views of the impressive four-mile-long Astoria-Megler bridge and the busy Columbia River shipping channel. Eclectic menu of small plates, fish "n chips, gourmet burgers, house-made soups, salads, local seafood and fine regional meats. House-baked breads and desserts. 90% of menu available gluten-free (including desserts). Children's menu. Full view bar, regional beers on tap, 300+ wine list with regional focus (40 wines offered by the glass). Dog-friendly deck dining, weather permitting. View mezzanine level available for groups up to 55. Adjacent riverview banquet space can accommodate seating dining up to 225 with dance floor and bar. Retail wine and gift shop onsite. Open daily for lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. Happy hour 4-6 pm Monday-Friday. Local live jazz Thursday, Friday, Saturday nights; Sunday brunch. Dinner reservations advise
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had lunch & dinner. This is the best place in Astoria no question. The local, food & service is all a good restaurant should be. The owners are nice too!!

1  Thank Philbur

Reviewed 14 July 2014

First of all, if gluten free is your thing, this place has tons of selection. They even had gluten free fish and chips! We had a large party (5 adults, 6 kids) for lunch and we were able to get in right away. The kids menu portions were very large, but pricey (8.50 for a hamburger and fries). Everyone really enjoyed their food and the atmosphere was great. I can imagine it would be even better at dinner time sitting right on the water. We all had a great experience. The food was more expensive then I had expected to pay for lunch that day, but if you go into it expecting to spend a little more then normal at lunch time, then sticker shock of your final ticket wont sneak up on you and you can just enjoy the experience for what it is, which is lovely.

1  Thank Heather P
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We've tasted better seafood...just ok. If you're searching for gluten free, this is your place. We're not and it would be great to have some regular menu choices. The staff was nice and the view of the bridge is the best.

1  Thank DaMacAttack
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Looking at Trip Advisor we decided to try the Bridgewater Bistro. We were not dissapointed. We had the fish and chips and they were excellent! This is a must stop anytime we are in town.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Now this place is kind of special, and I'll tell you why. Astoria has a LOT of restaurants for the 10K citizens city it is, most of them are as diverse as they are many - but Bridgewater Bistro is the posh place to be. I bet you can meet movie stars there, entirely by chance. I'm pretty sure I saw Linus Torvalds and his wife there when I visited (He's the inventor of Linux, the Operating System if you don't know).

The place is very classy - and absolutely worth a visit just for that alone, the staff is pretty classy too...and you'll be well advised to dress accordingly although it's not required...when you visit it, and look at their guests, you'll understand why.

However, that said, their prices aren't frighteningly high, but the food (at least what I ate) wasn't the main experience for me, it was average at best, fresh...sure...special, yeah...I guess they are a bit more daring than the rest, I'll try it again for sure, the next time I visit Astoria.

The place is kind of exciting. So - go there just to feel something new.