“Don't even think twice, if you are in Astoria you are staying at Clemintine's”

Clementine's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 8 Astoria B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed 3 nights at Clementine's B&B. It was one of the best B&B's we have ever stayed at. It is central to all the restaurants and a few attractions so we walked most places. Judith is a fantastic host, and her breakfasts are to die for! She had great tips on where to eat and what to see. She made us feel right at home. Breakfast was the highlight of the stay not only for the amazing food but for the company and conversation. Judith is really upbeat and friendly and made the kitchen table a comfortable place for everyone to chat and laugh. We stayed in the garden room and it was super comfy and quiet. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zisforzillah

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was our second year in a row staying at Clementine's and visiting Astoria for our anniversary. Judith's warm and friendly hospitality keeps brings us back! Not only that, the accommodations are DOG FRIENDLY! One of the main reason's why we stay. We will be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Six friends get together to talk,eat, drink, play Mah jongg and have fun. Clementine's B & B was the perfect place, lots of common room space to hang out, and amazing breakfasts to help us start our day. Comfy beds and great location. Thanks Judith!

Room Tip: Lots of stairs, so be sure you have the rooms with easier access.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed at Clementines a few years back and I never wrote a review then just chalking it up to a horrible stay. After reading all these reviews on Judith's very rude attitude I am pleased to say it was not just me! Prior to arriving I had made arrangements with Judith to house 5 of us in one room. Two of those were children and she said it would be no problem to throw down a futon on the floor for them as the room requested had 2 other beds. When we arrived we were told by Judith's husband that they didn't have that available. I didn't know what we were going to do. He said, "No problem. We have an extra room available downstairs if you don't mind splitting up your group." I said that would be great! After all, it was their mistake, correct? Her husband handled it and took care of it appropriately. Well, later Judith pulled me aside and basically chastised me for not being happy with our accommodations. I said, "Oh no, we are quite happy and everything is fine now." She said, "No! It is NOT fine now. I have to pay someone to clean a room that you used that you did not pay for!!" Huh??? Obviously either she was informed incorrectly by her husband as to what happened or she just didn't care and was gonna be peeved that she was out a room.
The next morning she treated me quite rude and came up to me at the breakfast table, put her hand on my shoulder and asked in very snotty tone in front of everyone, " I trust everything is to your liking?" Ummm, yes, thank you was all I could say. Then she called me over to square up the bill. Again.....attitude. Again, "This is gonna cost me more money to have the room cleaned." I was not about to offer her more money for an extra room when she did not provide the accommodations promised me in the beginning. Her husband did the right thing and handled it in a professional manner.
I understand what everyone is saying about the place being old and in need of repairs. This part didn't really bother me because it is part of the experience of staying in an old place. The slanted floors upstairs in our room were unique and you had to sleep almost sideways so you wouldn't roll out of bed. haha BUT, cleanliness is something that you CAN control and the kitchen was horrid. Add that to the fact that the doors and windows were left open and all the flies came in and you could watch them in groups of several fly around your breakfast. Yuck! Anyways, my suggestion to anyone one the fence about this place would be to keep looking. The owners attitude is a real mood killer.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Cowgirl4762
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed at Clementine's B&B over spring break when we decided to explore the northern Oregon coast, and used Astoria as our base of operations. I was a bit apprehensive staying at a B&B because we have two young children, but we rented the Riverview loft, which is it's own self-contained unit rather than just a B&B room. The owner, Judith, was very accommodating, and even brought our breakfast to our unit in the mornings rather than make us go to the B&B kitchen because it would be more comfortable for the kids. She also was a great resource in helping us to find things to do on rainy days (it happens in Oregon) and just generally make us feel at home. I think people probably need to be aware that this is a historic home and has been restored; that being said, much of the décor and fixtures are antique and in keeping with the age of the structure, so those looking for modern comforts are going to be disappointed. But if you are into history (and Astoria, specifically, has a lot of it), then you are not going to go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karl M
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We enjoyed our stay and felt welcomed. Food was very good and well presented. We met some great people at the dining table. The accommodations were okay, the whirlpool bath was nice but very noisy. The beds were comfortable upstairs (we were in the loft) but the futon bed downstairs was hard (that's how futon's are). Lots of interesting furnishings, cozy and nice views overall. The garden was cute, and it was a quiet spot. The kitchen was nice and the heater was great and worked fast on a cold day!

Room Tip: The loft can sleep up to six, but 4 are in the same room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My fiance and I stayed there over this past Valentine's Day weekend, the house is quaint and has a very quaint atmosphere. We stayed in the Sunrise room, although rainy all weekend, the room was cozy.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple