“Let Pam and David take care of you!”
Review of Rose River Inn

Rose River Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Astoria B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 September 2009

Pam and David really made sure we had a great stay. My friend was biking the Oregon coast, and this was her "launch point." Pam got up early to accommodate our travel schedule and her early departure. What a kick off breakfast!! The rooms were great, they have over 500 movies to choose from, it's a short walk to the town, and the bed was SO COMFORTABLE. I am looking for an excuse to return!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank hoteldo

Reviewed 1 September 2009

Could not rave about this one night stay enough, Pam, David and Penny could not have made us more welcome. The room was ideal, breakfast was amazing and the selection of DVDs was fantastic. The grown ups enjoyed Twilight - we had been to Forks and La Push prior to Astoria and the kids had filled us in on the backstory. We loved the "Wet Dog" as recommended by our hosts. The joint breakfast at 9am allowed us to hear a bit more about American current events ... which we loved. A really nice contrast to a load of faceless hotels. Not of caution ... there are a lot of delightful ornaments and collectables... this is not a B&B for younger kids or clumsy people!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank WendyNorthWest
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I write this while at Rose River Inn. We were running late for checkin, (I called) supposed to be there between 4 and 6. Pam was so gracious as we arrived at 7:45. (It took us a little longer to visit Mt. Saint Helens than planned). Her and her husband Dave greeted us warmly as we arrived, showed us around the Inn including their extensive video library available to all quests. And then up to our room, how lovely and so unlike a hotel. We felt at home in the "Sunflare" room and I am sure we will rest well tonight. I have read some comments left by previous quests and can hardly wait for breakfast in the morning. I highly recommend the Rose River Inn and will stay here again if ever in this area. Thanks again Dave and Pam.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kaseje
Reviewed 17 August 2009

We only stayed here one night, but the Rose River Inn was a gem. The innkeepers are friendly and knowledgeable about Astoria and and told us about the interesting sights (Astoria Column, sea lions, Goonies house). There is a nice common area where you can sit and read or just relax, and a huge selection of DVDs to borrow. You can also use the refrigerator to store your own food or wine. Definitely check out the owners' cool collections of vintage thermoses and fiesta ware.

The room we had (Othello) was very pleasant. There is a closet / dressing area with plush bathrobes. The bathroom is well-stocked with fluffy towels and bath products. It had only a clawfoot tub with hand shower, which was very quaint but not something I'm used to. Eventually I figured it out and didn't make too much of a mess. :)

The location is just a couple of blocks from downtown Astoria, which is a small but varied collection of old and new stores, restaurants, and coffeeshops. We ate at a restaurant just a block or so from the Inn, a very good brewpub in an old car dealership building.

Breakfast was incredible! It was three courses - starting with a huge bowl of mixed fruit, a baked egg/spinach/mushroom cheese casserole, and ending with a moist lemon cake. It's served only at 9 am, but it's worth being flexible with your schedule to enjoy this breakfast. There is coffee, tea, hot chocolate and biscuits set out earlier.

I don't know if I'll ever have a chance to visit Astoria again, but if I do, I would definitely stay at Rose River Inn!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Essie16
Reviewed 8 August 2009

My mom, sister and I left our homes in Iowa and Colorado to travel to Oregon. We thought Astoria would be an interesting place to visit, so I found the Rose River Inn B&B online. The B&B kind of reminded us of an old Civil War House. I believe it was built in 1912. It sits on a hill, and the big picture window in the smaller dining area looks out onto the river, which is a few blocks away. The commercial district is also down the hill 3 blocks away. The yard is covered in roses and other beautiful flowers. The scent is heavenly.

It has a big, open entrance with large sitting room and fireplace. We had the Inspiration Room on the third floor. We had a king-sized bed in one room, with our own TV, and two other queen beds in another room, plus a sitting room and very large bathroom. Nicely decorated and clean. The king bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on.

Must be able to climb steps to either the second or third floor to enjoy this B&B. The owner will carry your luggage for you to your room. The owners are very friendly and helpful. Scrumptious breakfast. Coffee ready by 7 a.m., breakfast by 9 a.m. We were very happy with our one-night stay.

2  Thank 55Merry
Reviewed 5 December 2008

Astoria is a wonderfully quaint, peaceful town. The Rose River Inn was beautiful, perfectly located, and incredibly romantic. The innkeepers were great hosts, and went above and beyond to ensure that our stay was special. They also served as a great resource for our visit to the area. Breakfast is delicious, and the rooms comfortable. Be sure to stay in the room with the sunporch, sauna, fireplace, and clawfoot bathtub overlooking the Columbia River, it is so incredible, you'll never want to leave!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank angelagoondocks
Reviewed 21 October 2008

Having stayed at many B&B in the Pacific Northwest, the Rose River Inn is by far the best B&B out there! The house is immaculate (and yes, I am one of those who look under the bed---dust free), the beds are ultra comfortable and I loved the fact that there were robes in the room. The breakfast was outstanding and FRESH!

Locations is always important and this Inn is close enought for walking to the many shops and restaurants. And best of all, it is located right across the street from one of the most famous houses in Astoria- Awesome.

The owners are very friendly and kind ...and for the mostpart give you the run of the house, which is kinda nice when you just want to read your book, soak up the sun and have a glass of wine in the living room.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank divewithjulie