“Daughters really enjoyed this experience!!!”
Review of Fernhill Glass

Ranked #2 of 19 Shopping in Astoria
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 3 August 2017

While on vacation, my mother really wanted to take my daughters to Fernhill Glass for a glass blowing class. My wife and daughters had no idea what glass blowing was so needless to say, when we arrived at the studio, they were a little surprised to find out the girls would be standing next to and handling red hot molten glass that comes out of a 3000 degree furnace!! Claude and Christine are fantastic with children. My daughters are 12 and 10 and were a little nervous after watching Grandma make her glass ornament. Claude and Christine were both there to assist my daughters and did a great job of making them feel comfortable while doing something they knew nothing about! It really is a great way to make a one of a kind personal keepsake. You play a part in each part of the process. Both my daughters made floats and were really excited to see the finished products when we picked them up a couple days later. While we were picking up our items, we actually stayed and watched someone with more experience make a vase. I am sure that we will be visiting Fernhill Glass again when we are in the area. My wife would like to try it next time! We actually walked in when Claude was opening and lucked out. He was pretty full for the day but we were able to come back later the same day. We were able to set up a time as a walk-in but I would advise anyone to call ahead of time. I would absolutely recommend Fernhill Glass to anyone and everyone! Great owners and a great experience!!

All reviews
"vase"
"glassblowing"
"art"

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Fernhill Glass.......And Claude and Chris! Where to start? We, my wife and I, have been patrons of Fernhill Glass for years. We met when their glass blowing studio/business was on their property on Fernhill Rd just outside Astoria, OR. They now are in Astoria on Exchange St.
I have blown glass 3 times now with Claude and Chris and each time they go out of their way to make a great experience. I have Dementia now and I really wanted to make a round glass paperweight. I asked Chris if she still teaches how, as well as Claude. They said no, they don't do that any more.
Here's the kicker though. My wife explained what is going on with my health and that this may be the last time I can work with hot glass. Claude and Chris talked about it and said sure! End of story-my paperweight is exactly the way I wanted to make it. Without Claude and Chris at Fern Hill Glass it never would have happened.
Go check these people out. They're good people and the glass work is AWESOME!

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

If you haven't been to Fernhill glass you're really missing out on a lot of fun weather you are browsing or buying or you just want to do a short class and make something yourself you will have a wonderful time. If you'd like to just sit and watch he has a small Gallery you can sit in and watch Claude and Christine do their magic and make their art. I want to share that I belong to a RV group and set up for four people from the group wanted to go and make something they came back and had so much fun that's all they could talk about they picked up there different articles the next day gave Claude A standing ovation intend to come back and do more work and they did live in southern Oregon on the coast but a good time was had by all you just can't go wrong for an interesting stop in Astoria Oregon. Every time I go in I don't intend to buy anything but I do and I've never regretted a thing and it makes it so good and sturdy that I'm not broke a thing either period so stop by say hi to Claude and Christine and see what you can see

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

We each made a beautiful glass ornament. It was really fun and educational. The ornaments turned out beautifully.