“Fun place to stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Davis
The Stone Village Tourist Camp
Ranked #3 of 7 Fort Davis B&B and Inns
Ft. Worth
“Fun place to stay”
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Charming renovated motor court with modern conveniences. I stayed in a queen efficiency, room #4 to be exact. The room amenities included a walk in shower, working AC, ceiling fan, desk, tv and two sitting chairs.

The only things that were not perfect was my well traveled laptop could not find the wi-fi and the bathroom was pretty small. I was pretty tired after a 12 hr drive and went to bed early so I didn't really miss the wi-fi.

There's no coffee or continental breakfast but just across the parking lot is the Stone Village Grocery Store that has a nice selection of coffee, pastries and breakfast biscuits/croissants. The store also has just about anything else you might need during your stay.

While in Ft. Davis besides seeing the fort, I highly recommend the scenic loop and don't forget to go back out after dark and see all the stars (you don't have to go to the observatory just get out of the city lights).

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Really lovely little place. We had a camp room which has three stone Walls and one screen wall with a heavy curtain. Super clean and a great place to escape the city.

• Stayed September 2011
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 16 September 2011

No need to worry that you are traveling alone. You will feel safe, comfortable and spoiled. You can park your car at your door and never move it till you leave. I spent my days in the pool and enjoyed bread, wine and cheese from store just steps from my room. Evening walks thru town were enjoyed with my dog. They are extremely pet friendly. Going back as soon as I can!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
George West, Texas
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I was suppose to stay 3 nights, but I only stayed 1 night. The room was very clean and bed was so comfortable, but my sister wanted me to stay with her and some friends somewhere else. I wish I would have stayed all 3 nights. I ended up on a blowup mattress. The price was not that much difference. The nice man let me out of my reservation and I appreciate that. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Dallas
Reviewed 30 August 2011

This old Depression era auto court has been renovated into a great stopover place in Fort Davis. The little "suite" we had was four small rooms with a sitting area, kitchen with table, bedroom and small bath.
While it was built in the 1930s, there are now two small flat screen TVs, a comfortable bed and a long porch outside with chairs to take in the cool nights in the Davis Mountains.
It's an affordable place to stay on Fort Davis' main drag. There's a gourmet food market next door and a great Mexican food place a block up the street.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank tordown
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 17 August 2011

This place was so charming! My husband and I stayed in one of the camp rooms and we didn't really have to "rough it" with a sink in the room, ceiling fan and wifi. It was a little warm when we went to sleep, but cooled off well during the night. It was August in Texas, after all. The owner was really friendly and helpful. Bathrooms were very clean. I would agree with the previous review... more ventilation in the restroom would be great. But who really cares about that when you have free coffee, quiet neighbors and a gorgeous view? All for a really reasonable price. I would stay again in a heartbeat. Thank you, Stone Village!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Clean, convenient, and comfortable! With a kitchenette in our room and a pretty great (well-stocked) store/deli on the property, we had everything we needed for taking day trips around the area, as well as a refreshing pool to come back to after sight-seeing. Randall the manager was friendly and informative. The only thing I didn't like was that there was no window or vent in the bathroom, but loved everything else. Huge ice machine. The rooms in back (where we stayed) are probably quieter than those on the street, and we could park our car right in front of the door for easy loading / unloading.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
#1 of 4 in Marfa
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 13 in Alpine

Been to The Stone Village Tourist Camp? Share your experiences!