“Rustic and charming. Excellent service!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Davis
The Stone Village Tourist Camp
Ranked #3 of 7 Fort Davis B&B and Inns
Hempstead, Texas
“Rustic and charming. Excellent service!!”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

EXCELLENT customer service!!! Held a photo workshop in Ft. Davis at the o6 Ranch. All participants stayed here and all enjoyed their stay.

Average internet speed, bathrooms are a bit small but there was a lot of storage area in the room. Kitchenette has sink, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. You can go next door to their Market and get free coffee. Their breakfast burrito's are awesome... and the chicken salad!!

Very convenient parking in front of room. Very clean and pool area was a nice gathering area. Walking distance to local restaurants and shopping. Very close to the historic fort.

Will stay again. The owners are so accommodating and nice!!! I have stayed in nicer places in Ft. Davis, but will return to theirs due to the owners. They also have historic homes with beautiful rooms to rent. Might try those next.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 10.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
midwestern US
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We had a room in the older section. with a queen bed. The room was not huge by any means, but plenty big enough for two adults. Everything was clean, the air conditioning worked and the bed was comfortable. What more do you need?
After 4 nights of lugging bags up stairs at our previous stops, it was nice to be able to park right outside the room. There must not have been many other guests the night we stayed here, but I can see where cars pulling into the lot would make it a little noisy.
The staff was friendly and accommodating. The wifi worked, the shower was good and there is a heater/fan in the bathroom ceiling, which we put to use as it was a little chilly in the morning this week.
One of the best things about Stone Village is the proximity to the market next door- good sandwiches, pastries in the morning and plenty of other choices for light meals or snacks.
Overall, I thought this was a really good value.
The camp rooms looked interesting. No one was staying in them the night we were here, but I might be tempted to give them a try if I was a hiker or biker and not hung up on having a private bath.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IrishJayhawk
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 25 April 2013

What can I say about these folks.... they are extraordinary. My fiancée and I rented a house they manage on Scobee Mountain. We limped into town with car trouble with plans to be married the following day in Marfa. My car died and had to be towed 150 miles away to Odessa. Here I am more than 600 miles from home, no way to get back to the house, to Marfa, my wedding...my future bride who is stuck on the mountain while I tried to attend to my car. The owner, without any delay, threw me the keys to his personal vehicle and said go get married.....see ya tomorrow. We returned the next day and expressed our thanks....he said you know what I don't really need it, I have another car...keep it until you leave. Needless to say it changed what could have been a huge problem into a wonderful honeymoon. These folks believe in service and caring. You can't go wrong here.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BWorthington
randallsvtc, Owner at The Stone Village Tourist Camp, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
It was a pleasure to have been able to be a part of this couple's new life together! They were great guests and we saw the need!
Austin, TX
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I'm not sure why this place is rated #1. It should be. It's all one story and every door opens on to the gravel parking lot. I like this because it was very easy to get stuff from the truck. I have been here on my motorcycle also and being able to park right in front of your bedroom window is a huge plus. Cars and trucks park on the other side of the parking lot which is maybe 60 or 70 feet away. You don't have to worry about anybody's engine waking you up in the morning. Most motorcycles these days are very quiet.

The showers are small, but they work fine. The bathroom is fine. Remember this is a fun old-time traveller's style hotel. It's not a high rise luxury resort. It's fun and the staff are super nice people.
They have a little store attached that also makes sandwiches. The store stocks a large variety of gluten-free and other special dietary foods. That was unexpected for a small town.

Walking all around town is easy. It took me and my 12 year old about ten minutes to walk all the way to the courthouse. The main dragw has some fun shops.

Regarding the website, the pictures are not very good. The place is actually MUCH nicer and the pool is very good for cooling off. You won;t be swimming any laps in it but thena gain your kids can play and have a great time while you sit in the comfy chairs under the trees.

Room Tip: There are two types of rooms. Call and talk to the receptionist to find out which type suits you the...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MJSpock
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Randall and his staff is top notch. They understand customer service consistently going above and beyond! Everytime we turned around he was there asking if we needed anything. He opened his adjacent store for groceries after hours just to make sure we had what we needed!

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Great place. Nice, clean rooms. Fantastic staff! Loved it! Definitely will stay here again. Would not hesitate to recommend this place to others. Biker friendly. Great food and whatever else you need within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2013
Mukilteo, Washington
Reviewed 6 April 2013

We were starting a 7 day bike trip to Big Bend from Fort Davis and were booked at this venue for our first night. We were worried. But it was a GREAT experience. . The pictures on line do NOT do it justice. We stayed in one of the rooms with a screen wall to the outside - it was unique and comfortable. A very big step up from camping - which was on the docket for 3 of out 7 nights. The town is dead at night so the screen wall worked great. The host/owner was fantastic and catered dinner for the group the first night. If I ever get back to this part of TExas again, I am staying here.

Room Tip: Get one of the screen rooms - not a standard room. A warning - showers and bathroom are common - non...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
#1 of 13 in Alpine
Quarter Circle 7 Hotel
Quarter Circle 7 Hotel
#5 of 13 in Alpine

Been to The Stone Village Tourist Camp? Share your experiences!