“Friendly, clean, and comfortable”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort Davis
The Stone Village Tourist Camp
Ranked #3 of 7 Fort Davis B&B and Inns
San Antonio, Texas
“Friendly, clean, and comfortable”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Myself and 2 other girls spent 4th of July weekend here and had a great time. Our room was priced very well, really comfortable beds, flat screen TV, and microwave and a mini fridge. Unlike many other hotels in the area Tourist Camp also has a small pool (they lay out towels for you) which is great way to end a day of hiking in the area. Plenty of parking in you can walk to everything else in town. The owner is really friendly and made sure we had a great time. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: They have different styles so be sure to check the website to look at the different types before you...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We rented a suite with a refrigerator, microwave, sink, and coffee pot. We were there during a VERY heavy rain and the first room we in had a roof leak that was over the bed and woke the hubby up at 2:30 am. We reported the leak to Randall first thing in the morning and within a couple of hours we were in a different room. The suites are cozy and clean. The tv's were a little small for entertaining the kids but did serve the purpose. The people working there were very friendly and helpful. Has a pool but it rained the entire time we were there so the kids missed out on that!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
randallsvtc, Owner at The Stone Village Tourist Camp, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review! You guys were troopers all the way and I really felt
bad that you could never get out of the room. We get these monsoonal rains about every other year, so that's how we find any roof leaks. I wish it had not been over your bed, but I believe we took care of that problem.

I appreciate your patience and understanding and look forward to seeing you and your family again!
Austin, TX
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We rented a suite/room in the historic Truehart Neill house, managed by Stone Village, over 4th July weekend because literally everything else was booked up. I wouldn't stay there again if I had full range of options in Ft Davis, but it was comfortable enough, and much more private than I'd feared, sharing a kitchen and living spaces with two other suites (we hardly saw the other occupants). The house is old & while some features are nice, others need real attention or replacement. Randall could not have been nicer, and he manages these in addition to running the SV tourist camp and store. For having just a room, the SV proper (or other local options) would be preferable to me. But for a private rental for a longer stay w/a kitchen, etc, I'd definitely consider renting the free-standing Carriage House behind Trueheart---it was built new after the 2011 fire and looks fantastic, head and shoulders above the historic house, while still in same pastoral setting. The pictures currently online don't show the Carriage House as it is today.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 June 2013

The room was fine--fairly comfortable and nothing the matter with it. Good for the price. Service was a little off; the person on duty made a borderline-inappropriate joke about my travelling companion but was otherwise helpful.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James S
randallsvtc, Owner at The Stone Village Tourist Camp, responded to this review, 12 June 2013
I'm always grateful for the travelers who choose to stay with us and am sincerely interested in how I can improve the service with constructive criticism.

I apologize for any offense that may have been taken and please understand that none was intended!

Not knowing much about your room or date of stay, I would welcome any advice on how to improve service. Please email me at: stonevillagetouristcamp@hotmail.com if it is convenient for you!
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Book a night at Stone Village Tourist Camp based on reading reviews. I was pleased. We stayed in a kitchenette Queen Suite. Very clean, nicely remodeled room. Wi-Fi was adequate. We were traveling with our dog and there was a $10 pet fee. Very Reasonable. Bed was soft, but confortable. Loved the vintage feel of the place. Proprietors were very friendly and accomodating. Will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jon_Cooley
central Texas
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I stayed for two nights in one of the camp rooms--converted from a carport, perhaps?--with a screened front. It was a great step up from tent camping, which I'm too old and stiff for anymore, but an inexpensive stay compared to a full room. First week of May, the days were warm but the room was perfectly comfortable, with good cross ventilation from one deeply encased window I could leave open even during a heavy thunderstorm. Very comfortable bed, and there was a cold-water sink, and room to set up a little table and my computer. WiFi not fast enough for streaming, but otherwise adequate. Shared bathroom facilities down the way, but as I was the only woman staying in a camp room, I had the whole thing to myself. Everything was clean, the grounds are charming, the honeysuckle fragrant, and the coffee at the market next door was great! I've been wanting to try this place for a long time and everything exceeded my expectations. If you book a camp room, understand what you're getting...with a screen front and cars driving right up to the doors nearby, you're going to hear late arrivals, a/c compressors down the way, people talking outside early in the morning. I woke a little earlier than I wanted to the first morning, but the second, a Saturday morning, was extremely quiet. I stood outside with my coffee and watched the sun rise and a deer trot down the main road...very peaceful. I left feeling refreshed. This has to be the best value in town for accommodations!

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Hempstead, Texas
Reviewed 26 April 2013

EXCELLENT customer service!!! Held a photo workshop in Ft. Davis at the o6 Ranch. All participants stayed here and all enjoyed their stay.

Average internet speed, bathrooms are a bit small but there was a lot of storage area in the room. Kitchenette has sink, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. You can go next door to their Market and get free coffee. Their breakfast burrito's are awesome... and the chicken salad!!

Very convenient parking in front of room. Very clean and pool area was a nice gathering area. Walking distance to local restaurants and shopping. Very close to the historic fort.

Will stay again. The owners are so accommodating and nice!!! I have stayed in nicer places in Ft. Davis, but will return to theirs due to the owners. They also have historic homes with beautiful rooms to rent. Might try those next.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 10.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
#1 of 4 in Marfa
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 13 in Alpine

Been to The Stone Village Tourist Camp? Share your experiences!