“Excellent food, excellent service, beautiful setting.”

Blue Mountain Bistro
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Fort Davis
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We ate dinner here before heading to McDonald Observatory. I had the grilled veggies over quinoa and my mom had the trout. The food was excellent and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We sat outside, and the courtyard area was beautiful and charming. I must stop for dinner in Ft. Davis!

There are newer reviews for Blue Mountain Bistro

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stopped in Fort Davis on our way to the McDonald Observatory from Martha and shopped at the shop connected to this bistro. We were still sort of loaded from our Mexican breakfast, so my wife went for the classic Caesar and I went for the salad and sandwich... small Caesar and 1/2 BLT.

The Caesar was fresh and had a light creamy dressing. My 1/2 BLT turned into a whole, but had perfect bacon and nice tomato and lettuce.

The setting inside was bistro all the way, but we opted for the garden setting outside. The service was friendly, but it was obvious that a leisurely lunch was in order as the solo server was also handling all of the inside tables and the bar. Rather than wait for the check, I just moseyed (you end up doing that in Texas) up to the bar and got rung out.

This is a place that I'd go back to to try their dinner offerings... as long as I had plenty of time on my hands.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Nice restaurant with a menu inspired by the owners' visits to southern France and Spain. Tapas and classic French dishes on the menu.

I had the seafood linguini (sort-of-Alfredo) that had great scallops and shrimps with a nice Cajun touch.

My gf who is a vegetarian had the grilled veggies and quinoa. That was also very good.

We were served by a friendly, bubbly girl who really added something to the atmosphere through her enthusiasm.

Thank you David and the team for a great meal!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Our meal was last oct , 2 hours and everything was messed up ,and not very good . Wait staff or the so called manager. Had no training in any thing to do with food or service.

2  Thank Vincenttwin
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Finding this quality of food and service in such an out-of-the way location was a pleasant surprise. The service and the ambience were superb. We ordered the trout and the Beef Burgundy, and have had no better anywhere else. Thanks for being there after a long day of traveling.