“Never Again”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Bertram, Texas
“Never Again”
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went here on a recent Saturday night. We were seated at 6pm and were told that they were out of three menu items: the steak, salmon, and one other item that I can't remember. Really, it's only 6pm and they've already run out of three things!! We should have left but settled on the trout and Chicken Marsala. We were never asked if we wanted water and when I did ask, I was brought water but none for my husband. The food was mediocre at best and definitely overpriced for the quality. The sauce on the chicken was way too salty and tasted like a McCormick package mix. The rice had NO seasoning and the fish was bland. I've had better food at Lubys!! Should have driven down the road to Reata.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Donna256

Corpus Christi, Texas
“Fine menu and wine selection”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

It's Fort Davis - would not expect to find the big city menu there, but we did. Excellent continental dishes described - two eaten! Pork tenderloin under a wonderful mocha sauce was really tasty. Salmon with green peppercorn cream sauce (sounds odd!) was delicious, as the sauce did not overpower the salmon like so many sauces do. Server's wonderful smile made up for her inexperience - she will be great.

Wilmore, Kentucky
“Excellent food, excellent service, beautiful setting.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We ate dinner here before heading to McDonald Observatory. I had the grilled veggies over quinoa and my mom had the trout. The food was excellent and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We sat outside, and the courtyard area was beautiful and charming. I must stop for dinner in Ft. Davis!

Chestertown, Maryland
“West Texas French?”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stopped in Fort Davis on our way to the McDonald Observatory from Martha and shopped at the shop connected to this bistro. We were still sort of loaded from our Mexican breakfast, so my wife went for the classic Caesar and I went for the salad and sandwich... small Caesar and 1/2 BLT.

The Caesar was fresh and had a light creamy dressing. My 1/2 BLT turned into a whole, but had perfect bacon and nice tomato and lettuce.

The setting inside was bistro all the way, but we opted for the garden setting outside. The service was friendly, but it was obvious that a leisurely lunch was in order as the solo server was also handling all of the inside tables and the bar. Rather than wait for the check, I just moseyed (you end up doing that in Texas) up to the bar and got rung out.

This is a place that I'd go back to to try their dinner offerings... as long as I had plenty of time on my hands.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Very nice food with a southern european touch. And good for vegetarians too...”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Nice restaurant with a menu inspired by the owners' visits to southern France and Spain. Tapas and classic French dishes on the menu.

I had the seafood linguini (sort-of-Alfredo) that had great scallops and shrimps with a nice Cajun touch.

My gf who is a vegetarian had the grilled veggies and quinoa. That was also very good.

We were served by a friendly, bubbly girl who really added something to the atmosphere through her enthusiasm.

Thank you David and the team for a great meal!

Visited May 2014