“Average place to stay for a day”

Fort Davis Inn And Rv Park
Houston, Texas
“Average place to stay for a day”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

This is is an average place to stay. I stayed here with my family to go to the MacDonald's observatory. It is about 16 miles from the observatory. The window did not have any drapes and so you will be disturbed by the cars that may come in and park in the night. Even thought I had booked the hotel for 4 people, there were only 2 bath towels. Breakfast was bad. No egg!
there is no one to help you during breakfast. You have to make your own coffee if you find the coffee pot empty. There are two tables and 8 chairs in the breakfast area. IF you want to grab a breakfast go back to your room and leave after your trip, this is an ok place. Room was clean. I also saw a Limpia hotel nearby. Not sure how it was.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank willowbrooksam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I called the day before we arrived to make a reservation, but I neglected to clarify the room rate. According to the Inn's web site, the standard rate for the room with one queen bed was $79, discounted to $75.05 for AAA, AARP, Senior, etc. When we arrived, the man who checked us in said our rate was $79. I asked if there was a senior discount, and he said that was already included in the $79 rate. I was a bit annoyed but didn't argue. I wondered what else might not be on the up-and-up. [Upon further checking at their web site, I see the room rate varies throughout the month, $79 to $89. Maybe that was the source of my confusion, or his.] The quality of the room we stayed in was just fine. The complimentary continental breakfast was what you might expect from a small motel: make-your-own waffles, a couple kinds of dry cereals, bananas, yogurt, milk, juice and a pot of coffee.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank machapma
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We are currently here so my husband can cycle. The room is clean but a bit pricey. It has plenty of places to set items, which is very important when you are cycling and hiking.

The strange. I HATE when there is a large motel and they put all the people side by side. I know this makes it more efficient when you go to clean but it also creates problems. We are staying on the back side of the Inn. There are two other cars and I can hear about two others on the other side. We are all connected by walls. So every slam of a door, flushing of a toilet, television is magnified. This could be helped if you would just move everyone one room apart. The Inn is empty. Let's spread out a little.

This is the reason I gave a poor rating. It was almost three in the morning and our phone rings. It is the front desk saying that they had gotten a complaint from the room next to us about the noise we were making. My husband and I were sound asleep. The front desk guy was probably as asleep as we were because he wasn't making any sense. I woke up enough to get annoyed and called the front desk back. He finally answered and told me it was the "other" room that was making noise. I would think there would be a better way to handle a noise problem then wake up people. Maybe step down here and check for noise. Ironically the guy that called in the noise complaint was the same one that moved his vehicle three times and kept slamming his front door. While we were trying to go to sleep.

I think this problem could be solved by asking them not to place you right next to a occupied room. So stay here but remember that.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Fort Davis hotels

Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here before, and will again. However, this time we had an odd experience with the customer service. No problems the first day, but after being gone the entire second day, the room had not been made up. No made bed, no new towels. My traveling companion went to the office and got this explanation: we hadn't answered the door when the housekeeper showed up. Guess what? WE WEREN'T THERE! We had gone about our business throughout the day, like every other hotel guest.

This just didn't add up. We got no apology and no offer to make the bed. My friend got some new towels and we went about our night.

This is a reasonably-priced place, and I'll stay here again. I will, however, be more assertive regarding the reasonable expectations of a guest.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Steve G
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Excellent stay, had nice, quiet, and comfortable stay with kids,...great loaction with beautiful Davis mountain views, fresh hot waffles and fresh fruits for breakfast, very helpful staff...would stay here again and again...

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank cowboys007
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We picked this because we were attending the star party at nearby McDonald Observatory as part of our road trip to Arizona. No chain hotels in Fort Davis, but this was just fine. Staff was friendly, and recommended a great spot to eat before heading up the mountain for stars. Would definately stay here again. Breakfast area is tiny, but who needs all that space when you can just grab a bowl of Fruit Loops and get back on the road.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Covington, Georgia
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Stayed hear to see Fort Davis on the way back from Big Bend N.P.The Room was big clean comfortable bed flat screen TV refrigerator microwave.Nice mountains views.We had to leave wen the sun came up over the mountains great photos did not make breakfast.Fort Davis was just up the rode.It was a nice old town some shops and two rest.small store.and that about it.Good stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 13 in Alpine
Holland Hotel
Holland Hotel
#2 of 13 in Alpine

Been to Fort Davis Inn And Rv Park? Share your experiences!